Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Southampton have accepted a bid from Liverpool for Nathaniel Clyne. This might open up the door for Wisdom to come back on loan.

Exactly what I was going to put, I see us getting him back, West Brom didn't work out and he'll be battling it out with Christie and Shotton.

Another season here could do him the world of good imo 

What about John Guidetti. He would score goals at this level and would be a free transfer.

He's really made himself a creamy pudding in the U21 tournament though, played very well. I think a top tier European team will take a punt on him.

What about John Guidetti. He would score goals at this level and would be a free transfer.

He's really made himself a creamy pudding in the U21 tournament though, played very well. I think a top tier European team will take a punt on him.

If you believe rumours and things he is quoted to have said, he wouldn't drop down a tier from the Prem, unless he was guaranteed European Football (Celtic) also very arrogant apparently.

Throwing one out there. If we want to spend big(gish) on a 31 year old centre back, how about Gonzalo Rodriguez from Fiorentina? Good passer and reads the game well, but tough tackling too. Scores a lot in Serie A as well. Was in Spain for Villareal, but I think he left before Clement moved out there. English players are so often overpriced.

Throwing one out there. If we want to spend big(gish) on a 31 year old centre back, how about Gonzalo Rodriguez from Fiorentina? Good passer and reads the game well, but tough tackling too. Scores a lot in Serie A as well. Was in Spain for Villareal, but I think he left before Clement moved out there. English players are so often overpriced.

Absolutely no chance. He was one of their best defenders last season and they want to get into the champions league. No offence but that's like us suggesting to sign Martin Skrtel from Liverpool. Simply won't happen

Not a suggestion, not really a rumour, so not much point digging up the existing thread.

But @oddschecker (Twitter) has said Rhodes has gone from 12/1 to 4/1 to be Rams player for the coming season. Could be the big money signing Nixon mentioned?

Not a suggestion, not really a rumour, so not much point digging up the existing thread.

But @oddschecker (Twitter) has said Rhodes has gone from 12/1 to 4/1 to be Rams player for the coming season. Could be the big money signing Nixon mentioned?

nixon already ruled him out this morning 

Think someone asked him that and he said no

I hope so... I have a mate who's a Blackburn fan and this would REALLY wind him up... 

That said... Martin, Bent and Rhodes would be a challenge to get into one side... 

Doubt it,

Also, if this "eye watering" deal for a "very big" player is for a player of Rhodes' ilk (I think he is good by the way) I'll be very disappointed. 

No.

Archived