Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking of more central striking options for cover for Martin to share the work load next season and have a plan B up our sleeve, (will probably get shot down for these but here goes).

Devante Cole on loan from Man City if we don't keep hold of Bent.

Paul Gallagher on a free from Leicester?

Ishmael Miller on a free.  

If you look at Leicesters squad when they went up they had plenty of striking options although they play 2/3 up top:

Nugent, Vardy, k. Phillips, Taylor Fletcher, Wood.

Thinking of more central striking options for cover for Martin to share the work load next season and have a plan B up our sleeve, (will probably get shot down for these but here goes).

Devante Cole on loan from Man City if we don't keep hold of Bent.

Paul Gallagher on a free from Leicester?

Ishmael Miller on a free.  

If you look at Leicesters squad when they went up they had plenty of striking options although they play 2/3 up top:

Nugent, Vardy, k. Phillips, Taylor Fletcher, Wood.

​Forget metaphorically shooting down, I think you just want shooting full stop.

We cannot sign Ishmael Miller, the gumps will never stop laughing.

​Forget metaphorically shooting down, I think you just want shooting full stop.

We cannot sign Ishmael Miller, the gumps will never stop laughing.

​I thought someone might say that. At least he'd be free and not about £1.5M! We've got to be realistic with budgets and we do need more cover/competition for Martin.

Darren Bent has just posted this on Instagram. It's a collage of four photos from his time here. The caption reads:

@benty39: Want to say a big thanks to @dcfcofficial and all their fans for their support this season. Loved every minute. Gutted the way it ended. But will make us stronger next season #rams #keepthefaith

Anyone take particular notice to the word us? Thorne saga round 2 starting here with cryptic clues but it's not the standard wishing all the lads good luck for next season.

Could be a clue :ph34r:

I know I go on about this a bit but would you guys seriously have Raul over Jake & Richard?

​I personally think we need to look at improving on both players. If we'd signed Raul today, I'd be happy that the club appear to be trying to address the situation, but given what we've seen of Raul, the jury is out. But still.... we need to be looking.

​I personally think we need to look at improving on both players. If we'd signed Raul today, I'd be happy that the club appear to be trying to address the situation, but given what we've seen of Raul, the jury is out. But still.... we need to be looking.

​That's too kind. He's been shocking.

Ince, Bent, a loan winger and two centre halves would do for me.

I totally agree that the defence needs urgent attention. Keogh needs someone better along side him to help with the load. For instance he has been criticised for flying in like he did against reading but more often than not, like reading, he was hurtling in to get in a block. He was covering Albentosa who had let his man stroll past. If keogh had have stayed in his feet the guy could have slotted home unimpeded. The fact he was smart enough to cut inside didn't mean the attempted block wasn't necessary. Keoghs fine, lets get someone good, a footballing centre half of stature, a new captain if necessary to help him out.

I totally agree that the defence needs urgent attention. Keogh needs someone better along side him to help with the load. For instance he has been criticised for flying in like he did against reading but more often than not, like reading, he was hurtling in to get in a block. He was covering Albentosa who had let his man stroll past. If keogh had have stayed in his feet the guy could have slotted home unimpeded. The fact he was smart enough to cut inside didn't mean the attempted block wasn't necessary. Keoghs fine, lets get someone good, a footballing centre half of stature, a new captain if necessary to help him out.

​I don't agree. Keogh is sadly part of the problem.

With the news that Jamie Ward looks as though he is on his way a player i think would be a good replacement would be Bakary Sakho from wolves , hes on a free too so would fit in with the budget , add some strength and power to the front 3 .

With the news that Jamie Ward looks as though he is on his way a player i think would be a good replacement would be Bakary Sakho from wolves , hes on a free too so would fit in with the budget , add some strength and power to the front 3 .

He was 50k a week. Not in our budget at all

​Supposedly in talks with Villa already

Archived