Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Bloody hell, that little bunch would cost us well over 20 million .... not asking for too much are you? :lol:

You should seen Rusty team for next season on Twitter that even funny as well. Lololololol 

Dont buy this "we need some one tough at centre half", we need a thinker someone with a proper football brain. We play out from the back, so we need a player with excellent distribution, you dont need to be quick or strong or tall if you are smarter that the attacker, Bent can have big defenders on there ****all day long but a smart defender will have him in his back pocket.

Dont buy this "we need some one tough at centre half", we need a thinker someone with a proper football brain. We play out from the back, so we need a player with excellent distribution, you dont need to be quick or strong or tall if you are smarter that the attacker, Bent can have big defenders on there ****all day long but a smart defender will have him in his back pocket.

​Exactly. Whether we're playing Albentosa or Keogh, they need to be partnered with someone who can think and pass. George and Lennie style combination. It's why Keogh and Buxton worked so well together last season.

I'd make a new right-back and a new left-footed centre-half the number one priority. We can add wingers, strikers etc. later on for a cheaper price or on loan - our players there are pretty good. A centre-mid is also a need if we sell Hughes, although I'd like to see Dawkins used there as well. Karacan has been mentioned and he'd be a useful player.

We've also got to decide if Rawson, Hanson, Ssewankambo, Calero, Bennett are ready for first team football. If they are, that cuts down the needs significantly.

Well that's a given...

Grant, Wisdom, Albentosa, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Russell, Martin, McClean

Thats not so daft. although the temptation would be to make wholesale changes, we might be better to lick our wounds and regroup with minimal fuss.

having said that....one or two changes are essential

Bogdan or Federici

Christie

Obita or Garbutt

Rawson

buxton

eustace / hanson - assuming thorne might need another op.

russell

dawkins or hughes

bryson

martin

ward / calero

We definitely need a new left-sided CB. If the incident with Bamba is true then he'd be a real coup. I like Ipswich's Tommy Smith - though I can't imagine he'd be cheap, and that's reliant on Ipswich staying down! I also think Grant has looked very frail recently. He's useful as a squad member and back-up but we need a new No. 1. Butland on a season loan maybe? 

Diagouraga may have been a one season wonder, but may be a decent backup. I'd like Luongo if he came on a free/compensation. Georgey Thorne is still a class act and will hopefully have no reason to rush back prematurely. 

We should push for an agreement with Hull, whereby we pay them the £2 million or so they paid for Ince, and include more in add-ons at promotion. He seemed to love it here, and he saved us many a time. I can see Sherwood giving Bent a new contract, so we need to look for a new backup at striker.

Oh and ship out the dead wood - the usual names - and push forward our acclaimed youth. I don't want to see Hughesy or Hendrick go. They'll be pivotal to our season, and we won't pick up anyone near that quality with such potential for that price this day and age.

I know this'll be met with a little controversy, but I'd sell Buxton and Warnock. I love Buxton's attitude but he's lost it. And how anyone can defend Warnock is beyond me - he's useless!

bamford and wisdom to come in #banter

​Bamford can do one. Good player as he may be, this season will have inflated his ego so much that his head wouldn't fit through the players entrance. Plus being a Forest fan through and through and it being extra special scoring against us for Boro, he wouldn't want to play for Derby... would he?

Good player but never POTY level and IMO not good enough for PL yet. He'll probably get a chance at a lower league PL side next season, maybe Boro if they go up, but he should have a reality check when he's playing against top defences and not those that are even worse than ours.

Wisdom though, yes please.

I like the Bamba suggestion, I think he'd be a great signing. We've missed a big, imposing figure at the back since the Darren Moore days. As for Wisdom, I'm not sure he'd want to drop down a level but if he does we should definitely go for him - if the price is right. Another option at RB is Byram from Leeds. When he first emerged everybody wanted him but he's gone under the radar recently, plus he'd also probably be expensive. I still think we need a couple of wingers, a new CM/DM and a ready made Martin replacement, although I'm not sure who's available.

Archived