McClaren linked with West Ham..

I've heard from a guy, that know a guy, who know's a woman, who's husband works at the club and he says this was signed weeks ago. 

The club and Mac are lying to us. Mac hasn't come out and denied it so he's obviously off, the players all know, badly kept secret, etc, etc, etc.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please please please stop giving any creditability to red top comics.

Facts are any prem job (outside the top 6/8) that comes up Mc will be linked, any possible prem manager leaving or on the edge of being sacked, Mc will be linked to replace him.  This will continue all summer long, all of next season and will then be escalated further if we are in the top 6 come Easter.

Its lazy journalism to fill space because Mc is an ex prem, ex England manager and will always be linked to clubs percieved as bigger than us, and people read it and can imagine it could happen, however its very unlikely.

simple answer, DCFC provide him with a contract for life and he tells every other club to f off as he is totally committed to us.  We can't this happen now, I am very disappointed with McC and the club, get your finger out

I'd forgive him for leaving for WHU more than Newcastle. At least he'd be going to a stable job where the owners seem OK and the fans don't expect CL football every season.

He's not going anywhere now though.

Just seen him at the co-op buying bubbles, goodbye Steve.

​You couldn't have. I heard he's currently in his house wearing a claret & blue tie, holding a hammer in one hand and an iron in the other.

It's currently unclear whether he's joining West Ham or doing housework.

One of my bosses just said he'd heard the same rumours coming out of West Ham (he's a Hammers fan)

Apparently Allardyce was told at the start of the season he needed to finish 'solidly' top half and their form since Christmas has massively called his position into question...

Also some suggestion that the board want a 'name' manager to take them into their new stadium... And since Big Sam's contract is up this summer they're seeing it as a perfect time

One of my bosses just said he'd heard the same rumours coming out of West Ham (he's a Hammers fan)

Apparently Allardyce was told at the start of the season he needed to finish 'solidly' top half and their form since Christmas has massively called his position into question...

Also some suggestion that the board want a 'name' manager to take them into their new stadium... And since Big Sam's contract is up this summer they're seeing it as a perfect time

Redknapp "unfinished business"? 

What's the Mirror's obsession with Derby? More like what's the Derby fans' obsession with the Mirror?

Steve McClaren was the England boss not long ago. His reputation in England is massive so he'll naturally get linked with PL clubs, especially after the past 18 months.

The Mirror need to fill about 50 football stories a day. The majority take up the Premier League's top four, but they are also obliged to write about other teams. 

West Ham's managerial position will make plenty of headlines this summer, and when linking a manager to them why not pick McClaren - he's a big pull and in charge of one of the biggest teams outside the PL.

With rumours, papers need to sell stories so they'll go after the biggest names. They wouldn't make a rumour up about Watford's manager to WHU because not many people know of him.

I think he's held in high regard here as an innovative coach,but I'm not so sure that his managerial stock would be that high.Having said that,however,I'd imagine his managerial stock would have risen in 13/14,only to fall back a bit this year.

I think he's held in high regard here as an innovative coach,but I'm not so sure that his managerial stock would be that high.Having said that,however,I'd imagine his managerial stock would have risen in 13/14,only to fall back a bit this year.

Out of interest - what's the basis for the "innovative coach" tag? He hasn't revolutionised a whole coaching set up in the way that Barcelonas was with the introduction of the "Rondo" has he?

Not picking on you ramblur as it is a statement that is generally common knowledge as it were. But if his revolutionary methods were what delivered us a knackered hoofballing outfit for the last quarter of the season, well i suppose they are revolutionary of a sort, but not in the way that i hoped.

I'm only really basing it on the influence he brought under Jim Smith,which then alerted Fergie to his coaching abilities.Players also seem to speak highly of his coaching and enjoy working with him.

Archived