League One Play Offs.

ronnieronalde

Think Bris was on about the website he writes for.

No, to quote the pretentious little troll.

"Since joining the site I've had over 15,000,000 page views so they can't be too bad"

Clearly trying to tell us all that 15M have read his pages.

Possibly the funniest thing I have read on this forum.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​If I've told @Bris Vegas once about exaggerating I've told him a million times.

http://hereisthecity.com.statstool.com/

The whole site gets 5.6k unique visitors daily and 22.3k page views...

for Bris to get 15m he'd have to have the entire sites traffic looking at only his article 4 times a day for 663 days.

Feck me they must be well written pieces.

WTF are Ambitious and Sage writing about to not get any views at all?

* I'm aware I'm being a little big arsey and if these are not the real traffic figures will look like a total bell end, but it's worth the risk ;-)

​I do have doubts on the 15m, would love to be proven wrong tho! in the interest of fairness tho those kind of reporting sites are utter rubbish. I ran a search on dcfcfans.uk says the site doesn't exist. Tried dcfcfans.co.uk and it came up, the stats are way off, it has us down for 808 page views per month which is way off. I've had to go back to February 2015 as I haven't got the stats running at the moment but this is using Google Analytics which is spot on and we've been hitting these kind of figures since the DET closed down years ago.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_00.30.47.thumb

The last firm where I was GM, we had a marketing budget of 100 grand a month and managed to drive traffic of  less than 1.5m unique visitors and 3.3m page views monthly.

(Now I will say that I thought the marketing director was ***** but still)

I'd love to see Bris's articles and his firms marketing strategy. 15m page views is incredible. they must have a huge amount of organic traffic to get those figures.

They must be cracking articles he writes. i'm genuinely keen to see them, anyone got a link>

@@sageisback I would read all day long.

@Ambitious I love you and used to always really enjoy reading your posts, always thought they were spot on but think you've gone a bit too mainstream journalism and stat based lately.

There's less of that old Ambitious boyish charm that I came to know and love....

What concerns me is if Bris has 15m views and he's telling them all it was offside or outside the box or he only watches half the game then makes up his own prejudice mind on the rest...

That's 15m potential mini bris vegas's and that thought is enough to put me off my goulash.

​If I've told @Bris Vegas once about exaggerating I've told him a million times.

http://hereisthecity.com.statstool.com/

The whole site gets 5.6k unique visitors daily and 22.3k page views...

for Bris to get 15m he'd have to have the entire sites traffic looking at only his article 4 times a day for 663 days.

Feck me they must be well written pieces.

WTF are Ambitious and Sage writing about to not get any views at all?

* I'm aware I'm being a little big arsey and if these are not the real traffic figures will look like a total bell end, but it's worth the risk ;-)

"Since joining the site I've had over 15,000,000 page views so they can't be too bad"

Not quite sure where all the venom is coming from guys. Yes I like to joke around on here, exaggerate my points and I'm not always serious - then again who is on here?

I think we've all been guilty of trying to wind a few up, we've been around long enough to get to know each other's views pretty well. It's all in good faith, and if I've ever stepped over the line or offended anyone then I apologise.

Regarding HITC, I don't think it's my place to go into the results side but we've done a great job in attracting viewers and I think we're one of the better ones out there who focuses on the so-called non-maintstream clubs.

You guys should check it out if you like to read up football, especially those outside the 'top four'. I'd hazard a bet that the guys cover far more Championship and lower PL stuff than most others would.

​Pot...kettle...black...

​Pot...kettle...black...

I wasn't aware that I'd ever claimed such nonsense as 15M people looking at my blogs. 

To come out with such an admission would make you a tad pretentious would it not and a troll at that.

Bris still claims to have such an audience. Nonsense I say. 

I wasn't aware that I'd ever claimed such nonsense as 15M people looking at my blogs. 

To come out with such an admission would make you a tad pretentious would it not and a troll at that.

​Was only messing, kind it quite funny watching you and Bris bickering like old ladies

Not quite sure where all the venom is coming from guys. Yes I like to joke around on here, exaggerate my points and I'm not always serious - then again who is on here?

I think we've all been guilty of trying to wind a few up, we've been around long enough to get to know each other's views pretty well. It's all in good faith, and if I've ever stepped over the line or offended anyone then I apologise.

Regarding HITC, I don't think it's my place to go into the results side but we've done a great job in attracting viewers and I think we're one of the better ones out there who focuses on the so-called non-maintstream clubs.

You guys should check it out if you like to read up football, especially those outside the 'top four'. I'd hazard a bet that the guys cover far more Championship and lower PL stuff than most others would.

You'll have to put some links up to the stuff you've written..........and Sage.

i haven't seen them.

Only 14,999,973 to go and you'll be there.

​Are you saying you it counts as a view every time you read your own article?

Hmmm...How long would it take someone to enter their own blog 15 million times...

Only 14,999,973 to go and you'll be there.

​Are you saying you it counts as a view every time you read your own article?

Hmmm...How long would it take someone to enter their own blog 15 million times...

​err...it was just a daft joke

​To be fair to Bris, it's not his blog he writes - pretty sure it's for a football website. That means they probably have a marketing budget aimed at driving traffic to the site, ensuring each article published gets plenty of attention. So the 15M page views is probably realistic.

However, 15M page views doesn't always translate into top quality journalism. Think of the amount of page views a Mirror sports journalist will get over their career - and how much of that is genuinely good journalism?

Note: that certainly doesn't mean Bris is a bad writer - it just means using page views to judge writing ability doesn't always add up. 

Archived