The Goalkeeper Would You Rather?

Day

The Goalkeeper Would You Rather?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is for entertainment purposes only, if Grant or Roos are reading I ask you not to take this result personally, I also ask the management if reading not to act in the summer on the result of this poll. 

Thank you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I watched Roos play his passing was poor and he scared me whenever he had he ball, but in recent weeks so did Granty. But I still think we should keep both of them and try to integrate Roos a bit more and see if he is good enough to displace Grant.

Get rid of Eric 'the greatest goalkeeping coach in history' Steele 

​Is this in jest? You could see the improvement in Grant when Steele arrived. He was keeping us in games earlier in the season. Grants another player that simply couldn't handle the expectation and pressure. Lack of confidence is a footballers worst enemy.

New keeper, Grant as back-up and loan Roos out to see how he copes, possibly in League One. If Grant doesn't want to sit on the bench, we could get a few bob for him, Roos as back-up, Mitchell as third keeper.

This poll is for entertainment purposes only, if Grant or Roos are reading I ask you not to take this result personally, I also ask the management if reading not to act in the summer on the result of this poll. 

Thank you.

I voted top one. 

New keeper and Roos loaned out to gain first team experience, after a season of learning from Steele
 he now needs an opportunity to hone those skills.

Hannes Halldórsson would be a really good signing as main keeper in my opinion.

I said at the time that Butland was a far superior keeper and I stand by that. I'm not sure he's a particularly realistic signing though. I don't really mind what they choose to do but Butland is definitely my first choice. 

We don't need a new goalkeeper.  Grant is far from perfect, but I would rather we spend money elsewhere on more important areas, that doesn't mean I don't think we need a new goalkeeper when we go up. 

​It's certainly not an area of priority, I'd prioritise a right back, a left sided centre back, at least one winger and a back-up striker all ahead of a new goalkeeper, but if we did sign a keeper who I felt was better than Grant then I wouldn't complain.

Archived