The Goalkeeper Would You Rather?

Day

The Goalkeeper Would You Rather?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet i do seem to remember everyones general consensus was butlands distribution was poor compared to grants, about on par shot-stopper?

butland isnt going to come, signed a new deal with stoke and we have much more pressing issues than replacing one of the top goalkeepers in the championship

Granty for me, his form will return you'll see. Yes he's made some howlers but he's also been excellent too.

For me, I'd rather a few other signings before a GK (CB/DM/WING/ST) 

But if the option came to us, I'd take Butland or a David Marshall over Grant any day. 

​Both Marshall and Butland have recently signed new contracts at their respective clubs, which suggests they're staying where they are. I would have taken either too, but I suspect that if we're bringing someone in, we'll have to look elsewhere.

​i don't care if he paints his toenails if it helps him become a top keeper for us

He probably does that as well 

it was a light hearted observation which seemed to sum up my knowledge on the subject. What it was meant to convey is that I haven't seen him play much to make s fair assessment of his ability

Archived