My End of Season Review...

therams69

Well 24 odd hours after the storm time for a review of season 2014 2015.

Simply not good enough and a failure is the ending that will be used.

Expectations were promotion and or via the play offs. We failed in both and finishing a final 8th is not good enough whatever way you wanna look at it.

Personally I put it down to Stevie Mac. He has done so much for this club and yes pushed us too another level. Then January 2015 came and the Newcastle speculation did not go away. It didnt go away because he would simply not close the door. I do not for one minute believe his excuses of he isnt aware or not bothered about it. He has an agent. An agents job in any field of work is too inform your client of career progression and higher earnings etc etc. I believe discussions have taken place between Newcastle and his agent. Just like they had done whilst Clough were in charge. This goes on in football whether you like it or not.

Why didnt he say I love Derby and I aint going nowhere etc. For the bookies only a week or 2 ago to have him at a staggering 1/10 on to go Newcastle was a joke. I mean they are rarely wrong.

Fed up of hearing I am contracted to Derby. Every man and his dog knows this. Of course you are contracted to Derby. Fed up of the politician answers all the time. He should have closed this case back in January but like any person who wants to progress in a career you never close any doors I guess.

For me this had an impact. For a while now I have felt the players did not want to play for him. Shouldnt ever be the case I know but for me I could, like many, just sense something was not right.

The tactics very questionable. We all know what Bryso is capable of. He is a box to box midfielder and scored lots of goals doing this. Now i know we had Eustace, Thorne and Omar out so no DM. In that case you work on the training ground and change the system. All above 3 were long term where was the backup plan?

Keogh at right back. Our captain. I didnt like that and will have been a mental issue with him feeling down imho hence the **** recent performances.

Fozzy at CB.

Martin on the left.

Wingers playing in the middle all the time.

Lingard hardly used for saying how rated he was.

All this with 8 or so games too go. Far too much tinkering. Remember when we had a settled back 4 and clean sheets. You cannot in a promotion campaign concede 4 at Huddersfield and 3 at Millwall within the last 5 or so games.

To need a point on the final day at home to Reading who had not won in 9 and to then get battered 3 nil is unacceptable. It just dont happen. Being honest I knew we wouldnt do it on Saturday and I think if most wanna be honest majority knew it too.

Sure a player said in an interview after game that we will all have a sit down and open discussion. Imagine that will be interesting.

This squad that we had was more than good enough to be top and clear by 5 or so points. The decline has been shocking. A decline that the manager has to take responsibility for.

Question is where do we go from here?

For me DCFC target was promotion. We finished 8th. I'd imagine Sam Rush and the directors to be hugely dissappointed with Mac's lack of commitment on the Newcastle job.

Understand he recently said I wanna put things right here etc.

2 things spring to mind. 1 he aint ever gonna say anything different whilst yes you heard it CONTRACTED to DCFC and 2. Maybe the situation has suddenly turned and he is now desperatly trying to save his job as why would Newcastle be interested in a coach who failed so miserably in the Championship.

Either way very glad we have someone like Sam Rush. As with his arrival of Mac he will no doubt have someone lined up ready.

For me I have no problem losing and what not. Just like us to be in it together and ever since January have not felt that with Mac.

Be an interesting summer following the failure this year.

It may not be good enough but expect to see the usual suspects up n down the country next season. Its what we do!

Come on DERBYYY!!! ???

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not really an end of season review, its just another attack on McClaren isn't it?

Unfortunately whatever way you look at the huge drop of a cliff few months he is someone that will always be linked too it.

I could have mentioned the fantastic away days we have had but thats always gonna be as standard.

Unfortunately whatever way you look at the huge drop of a cliff few months he is someone that will always be linked too it.

I could have mentioned the fantastic away days we have had but thats always gonna be as standard.

​But a review that made no mention of the injuries or how shockingly bad our defenders turned in the last quarter of the season?

Injuries were mentioned specifically with the DM role which for me was the crucial downside. 

Martin n Bent were out yes but we still had Russell and Lingard who could have played up top together and even a loan but we chose not to do that.

McClaren was the defensive coach no? Remember the time he dropped Bucko after scoring 2 against was it Wednesday? Too many changes to get a consistent run of form for the defence imho.

That's not really an end of season review, its just another attack on McClaren isn't it?

Hardly an attack.

He is just stating his opinion based on some basic facts......basically what the forum is for?

why should that prompt a sigh? 

Hardly an attack.

He is just stating his opinion based on some basic facts......basically what the forum is for?

why should that prompt a sigh? 

​it would of been nice if we'd had an attack yesterday pahahahhahhhahahahaerrr i really need to work on my material

He has an agent. An agents job in any field of work is too inform your client of career progression and higher earnings etc etc. I believe discussions have taken place between Newcastle and his agent. Just like they had done whilst Clough were in charge. This goes on in football whether you like it or not.

Why didnt he say I love Derby and I aint going nowhere etc. For the bookies only a week or 2 ago to have him at a staggering 1/10 on to go Newcastle was a joke. I mean they are rarely wrong.

Fed up of hearing I am contracted to Derby. Every man and his dog knows this. Of course you are contracted to Derby. Fed up of the politician answers all the time. He should have closed this case back in January but like any person who wants to progress in a career you never close any doors I guess.

​I thought this was interesting. He said at the Q&A that it would be 'disrespectful' to talk about the Newcastle job while they already have a manager- wouldn't be fair to Carver right?

But he has no qualms about OBVIOUSLY being lined up to replace Clough for when Rush pulled the trigger. Maybe he just meant he wouldn't go public then... In which case, how can we ever trust another thing you say? I can't certainly.

Well 24 odd hours after the storm time for a review of season 2014 2015.

Simply not good enough and a failure is the ending that will be used.

Expectations were promotion and or via the play offs. We failed in both and finishing a final 8th is not good enough whatever way you wanna look at it.

Personally I put it down to Stevie Mac. He has done so much for this club and yes pushed us too another level. Then January 2015 came and the Newcastle speculation did not go away. It didnt go away because he would simply not close the door. I do not for one minute believe his excuses of he isnt aware or not bothered about it. He has an agent. An agents job in any field of work is too inform your client of career progression and higher earnings etc etc. I believe discussions have taken place between Newcastle and his agent. Just like they had done whilst Clough were in charge. This goes on in football whether you like it or not.

For me this had an impact. For a while now I have felt the players did not want to play for him. Shouldnt ever be the case I know but for me I could, like many, just sense something was not right.

The tactics very questionable. We all know what Bryso is capable of. He is a box to box midfielder and scored lots of goals doing this. Now i know we had Eustace, Thorne and Omar out so no DM. In that case you work on the training ground and change the system. All above 3 were long term where was the backup plan?

Keogh at right back. Our captain. I didnt like that and will have been a mental issue with him feeling down imho hence the **** recent performances.

Fozzy at CB.

Martin on the left.

Wingers playing in the middle all the time.

Lingard hardly used for saying how rated he was.

All this with 8 or so games too go. Far too much tinkering. Remember when we had a settled back 4 and clean sheets. You cannot in a promotion campaign concede 4 at Huddersfield and 3 at Millwall within the last 5 or so games.

To need a point on the final day at home to Reading who had not won in 9 and to then get battered 3 nil is unacceptable. It just dont happen. Being honest I knew we wouldnt do it on Saturday and I think if most wanna be honest majority knew it too.

Sure a player said in an interview after game that we will all have a sit down and open discussion. Imagine that will be interesting.

This squad that we had was more than good enough to be top and clear by 5 or so points. The decline has been shocking. A decline that the manager has to take responsibility for.

Question is where do we go from here?

For me DCFC target was promotion. We finished 8th. I'd imagine Sam Rush and the directors to be hugely dissappointed with Mac's lack of commitment on the Newcastle job.

Understand he recently said I wanna put things right here etc.

2 things spring to mind. 1 he aint ever gonna say anything different whilst yes you heard it CONTRACTED to DCFC and 2. Maybe the situation has suddenly turned and he is now desperatly trying to save his job as why would Newcastle be interested in a coach who failed so miserably in the Championship.

Either way very glad we have someone like Sam Rush. As with his arrival of Mac he will no doubt have someone lined up ready.

For me I have no problem losing and what not. Just like us to be in it together and ever since January have not felt that with Mac.

Be an interesting summer following the failure this year.

It may not be good enough but expect to see the usual suspects up n down the country next season. Its what we do!

Come on DERBYYY!!! ???

​sorry Nick, got loads of time for you as a person, but I have to question your loyalty and integrity here.

You never said a bad word against Nigel, perhaps cos you got to play football with him and he personally acknowledged you, but he didn't get anywhere near 8th position, let alone contending with promotion with, let's face it, the bulk of this squad.

Yet, here's McClaren, months after NOT leaving when there WAS a vacancy, refusing to talk about a club where there is no longer a vacancy, upsetting your mates on Radio Derby by not playing there game, and you all instigate a witch-hunt. Couple this with the idiots harrassing players on a Saturday night, after a 3-0 win, at the top of the table, to tell them "we are gonna lose against Middlesbrough and Norwich, you're ****!", then it's clear to me that so-called fans have taken the good feeling away, and filled it will fear and apprehension.

I'm afraid people have made an issue out of something that didn't even need to be issue, and subsequently derailed the feelgood factor and the promotion push. This season is our 4th best in the last 15. Massive underachievement eh?

​sorry Nick, got loads of time for you as a person, but I have to question your loyalty and integrity here.

You never said a bad word against Nigel, perhaps cos you got to play football with him and he personally acknowledged you, but he didn't get anywhere near 8th position, let alone contending with promotion with, let's face it, the bulk of this squad.

Yet, here's McClaren, months after NOT leaving when there WAS a vacancy, refusing to talk about a club where there is no longer a vacancy, upsetting your mates on Radio Derby by not playing there game, and you all instigate a witch-hunt. Couple this with the idiots harrassing players on a Saturday night, after a 3-0 win, at the top of the table, to tell them "we are gonna lose against Middlesbrough and Norwich, you're ****!", then it's clear to me that so-called fans have taken the good feeling away, and filled it will fear and apprehension.

I'm afraid people have made an issue out of something that didn't even need to be issue, and subsequently derailed the feelgood factor and the promotion push. This season is our 4th best in the last 15. Massive underachievement eh?

​Most, me and you are having a bit of to-ing and fro-ing her, but I quite like it. The first time we've really debated.

Where was this kind of post after we'd just smashed Watford all over the park but within 15 minites of the game finishing had to listen to the self appointed football guru @Bris Vegas come on and tell us how we were ****?

That's been the biggest struggle for me. you;re now defending the manager to the hilt for the same things you were prepared to throw the last manager under the bus for.

You've now found your reasonable side, the side that can look on 8th place and a collapse as being fair enough.

I find it all a tiny bit hypocritcal if I'm perfectly honest. You were one of the ringleaders of the Clough out campaign from very early on. Yet now it's the fans fault for taking way the good will surrounding the club.

What happened pal? Did you go to meet a budha who convinced you to find the calm, gentle, accepting Mostyn?

Like Mostyn said. Newcastle had a vacancy in January. He didn't go then.

He was asked if he's going at the end of the season to Newcastle 

He said he has 2 years left on his contract, it's all speculation.

When pushed he said that his focus is on Derby and that whether he sees out his 2 years is up to Rush and the board. Rush said Newcastle havent made contact and McClaren isn't going anywhere. 

Why should he have to say more than that? Why should he have to respond to The Mirror and liars on twitter?

What did Nigel say when he was off to join Forest? Has he arrived yet? 

Like Mostyn said. Newcastle had a vacancy in January. He didn't go then.

He was asked if he's going at the end of the season to Newcastle 

He said he has 2 years left on his contract, it's all speculation.

When pushed he said that his focus is on Derby and that whether he sees out his 2 years is up to Rush and the board. Rush said Newcastle havent made contact and McClaren isn't going anywhere. 

Why should he have to say more than that? Why should he have to respond to The Mirror and liars on twitter?

What did Nigel say when he was off to join Forest? Has he arrived yet? 

He couldn't really say owt as he didn't have the right qualifications! Bit embarrassing for the lad really.

Archived