FA charged us

DEL

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any excuse to fine teams and line their greedy pockets.

DCFC have been almost immaculate with the respect shown to officials this season, despite having to put up with some real sub-standard performances.

If surrounding refs is a punishable offence then why are Chelsea not in the dock every week?

Any excuse to fine teams and line their greedy pockets.

DCFC have been almost immaculate with the respect shown to officials this season, despite having to put up with some real sub-standard performances.

If surrounding refs is a punishable offence then why are Chelsea not in the dock every week?

​Isn't it obvious?  We are Derby, not Chelsea.  The big teams get away with much more.

i didn't see the match so can't say how justified it was, but feel that it's generally a bad idea

to surround the ref, it's not like he's going to change his mind because of it and it's just asking for trouble.

If we are going to have a ref in the game, his decisions good or bad have to be accepted.

​Isn't it obvious?  We are Derby, not Chelsea.  The big teams get away with much more.

i didn't see the match so can't say how justified it was, but feel that it's generally a bad idea

to surround the ref, it's not like he's going to change his mind because of it and it's just asking for trouble.

If we are going to have a ref in the game, his decisions good or bad have to be accepted.

​Fully agree and, as I said, I think our players have been very well behaved this season.

Its just a silly idea, who decides when the players have gone too far and that it is worth being charged by the FA?

You will very rarely see a match where a decision by a referee is not contested by players. So when does protesting turn into failing to control your players?

​Fully agree and, as I said, I think our players have been very well behaved this season.

Its just a silly idea, who decides when the players have gone too far and that it is worth being charged by the FA?

You will very rarely see a match where a decision by a referee is not contested by players. So when does protesting turn into failing to control your players?

​i don't think there is any science to it, it's more down to who the ref is, how he is feeling, how intimidated or annoyed he felt and so on.  So doing it is taking a chance and shouldn't be done.  i confess that i am as frustrated with this as you are.

​i don't think there is any science to it, it's more down to who the ref is, how he is feeling, how intimidated or annoyed he felt and so on.  So doing it is taking a chance and shouldn't be done.  i confess that i am as frustrated with this as you are.

​I agree and do not have a problem with being charged, as long as all other teams suffer the same treatment.

What grates on me is that you see teams getting away with this week in week out.

Why are the FA not concerning themselves with more important matters like improving the standard of officiating so the players don't have the need to surround them every week?

​I agree and do not have a problem with being charged, as long as all other teams suffer the same treatment.

What grates on me is that you see teams getting away with this week in week out.

Why are the FA not concerning themselves with more important matters like improving the standard of officiating so the players don't have the need to surround them every week?

i think that's the sort of complaint that can be heard in most footballing countries in the world.

Here in Iceland, our FA, KSÍ is much criticized for the same reasons.

i think it's a case of politics entering the fray.  Why do big clubs get away with

more than smaller ones?  Why do big companies get away with more than small ones?

Why are the standards of officiating and regulating not improved?

Because the system is basically corrupt? Perhaps.

The FA, still taking it out on us, coz they didn't have the bottle to pick Brian Clough as the England manager, who would have probably led England to winning a trophy, one day the penny might drop, with the useless ******* @rseholes, that they really are useless ******* @rseholes.

To be fair, it's about time the respect initiative the FA harp on about should be extended to the match day officials. If our boys surrounded the Ref then we have to take the punishment handed out.

The sooner we take a leaf out of the Rugby book and show due respect to all officials the better. 

Captains only should speak with the Official and only when requested by the official, anyone crossing the lines of common courtesy/ decency (eg gobbing off at the Ref etc) should be dealt with accordingly. 

Many of this imitating of a card should result in the said card being awarded to the want be Ref. 

Respect!!

PistoldPete2

Having seen the refs performance at milwall, I was amazed at how restrained our players were. Giving two penalties away for certainly nothing in the first case, and seemingly nothing in the second, and in such an important game, I certainly wasn't as restrained as the players, who I thought were incredibly professional. I think it helped that afterwards the ref then gave a slightly dubious penalty to us. If nothing else it showed he may not have been totally biased after all even tho he was from Nottingham. Not biased maybe but totally incompetent. 

To be fair, it's about time the respect initiative the FA harp on about should be extended to the match day officials. If our boys surrounded the Ref then we have to take the punishment handed out.

The sooner we take a leaf out of the Rugby book and show due respect to all officials the better. 

Captains only should speak with the Official and only when requested by the official, anyone crossing the lines of common courtesy/ decency (eg gobbing off at the Ref etc) should be dealt with accordingly. 

Many of this imitating of a card should result in the said card being awarded to the want be Ref. 

Respect!!

Agree but it needs to be for all teams. If that means Chelsea have to play with 6 men then so be it.

watch how quick it stops.  

Like time wasting. Who likes time wasting? Anyone? Get the cards out quicker. 

Won't take long before we actually get the football we all turned up for. Nobody turned up to watch a goalkeeper arrange turf.

Respect!!

No no no.  Two different cultures between rugby and football. It all starts with grassroots. 

Plus the refs there are a lot better. 

No no no.  Two different cultures between rugby and football. It all starts with grassroots. 

Plus the refs there are a lot better. 

grass roots take its lead from the professional game.

do you think kids would act like they do at rugby matches if they didn't see their Heroes doing it?

Archived