FA charged us

DEL

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having played rugby as a kid and moving through the amateur game its definitely watching the adults being penalised for the offences that give officials the power to apply and the kids the willingness to accept those rules

I'm sorry davenportram, there might be an element of truth to what you say but it all starts with coaching. I have done both and was way better at rugby then football and played rugby at a pretty decent level.  In training we were made to respect the ref, and only have one voice. It was sacrilege to question the ref or over step the captain. 

PistoldPete2

Ive also been struck by how respectful of refs Mac has been. But even Mac has had to say this ref was diabolical. 

I'm sorry davenportram, there might be an element of truth to what you say but it all starts with coaching. I have done both and was way better at rugby then football and played rugby at a pretty decent level.  In training we were made to respect the ref, and only have one voice. It was sacrilege to question the ref or over step the captain. 

true. But at grass roots in football that respect from players is there. Its nit at the top of the sport or from some parents. This issue needs dealing with from top down and parents need punishing for poor behaviour on the sidelines kids games too.

When did that happen last week? It doesn't make sense.

Of course it makes sense dumbo, the bigwigs at the fa haven't got any spending money for their upcoming summer holidays. Where else are they gonna get it?

I wonder if DCFC would consider a counter charge against The FA for failing to provide competent officials this season?

Would be great in court to hear why the ref for the Birmingham match added 4 extra minutes on or why the ref for the Wolves game gave neither a goal or a red card...oh no that's right, The FA are not answerable to anyone.

A lot of us moan about the world governing body FIFA yet say little that they are just a bigger version of the incompetent buffoons that run the game in this country.

The Derby Telegraph are reporting it was the Millwall match we're being charged for - are we being charged for both?

forget me - I've read the first post properly...doh. :blush:

Dav's right.

Stamp it out at the top and the rest will follow. Its really that easy.

Start from next season, issue a directive to all Premier Clubs that says summat like...."players other than the Captain remonstrating with a referee will be cautioned for a first offence, a second offence in the same match will result in a 3 point deduction for the club for failing to control their players.".

Why is it so difficult?

Astonishing, given Derby's recent attempts to behave well, to curb swearing and so on in order to 'respect' the officials (who hardly deserve any such treatment, this season - they have often been shocking).

I think we should observe other team's behaviour during controversial incidents and lobby the FA and refereeing bodies with factual complaints and requests for information about comparable action to be taken.

Waiting for answers should while away the season easily and lessen our tension during the points-scrape we've also inflicted upon ourselves!

You would hope that those judging such charges would play back the whole incident, to see and understand the injustices that spark a ref-player 'crowd-scene - but I wouldn't bank on that.

Cloud-cuckoo land I know, but it would be refreshing for an official to announce that Derby (for instance) had been let off the charges because there was an unfortunate and game-changing refereeing error that created the conflict. The lack of consistency and accountability is what really gets my goat.

An on-field 'crowd-scene' occurred, a fine will probably followed - that's the simplistic FA judgement and action which seems to follow - seemingly without proper reference to the existence of disastrous refereeing..

It actually seems quite hard (for fans) to directly contact or lobby those in charge of match officials - they don't exactly invite feedback and seem very insular and self-protective. 

Probably for the best, as their system servers and secretarial staff would probably explode with the volume of incoming mail, if there were a correspondence channel...:ph34r:

Archived