Will Hughes

DEL

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised it's not Martin but Hughes has been good this year. Gone from being our 4th best midfielder last year to being the only one pulling his weight this year.

​Harsh. Even last year he was, until Thorne, the only player we had that could control a game, that would win us the battle in the middle third. We were lucky last season that whenever he missed out everybody else was in peak form and we just slaughtered our opposition on the break. 

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD - THE VOTING FOR THAT DOESNT CLOSE UNTIL FRIDAY

WE KNOW THAT, THIS ONE IS SUPPORTERS CLUB AWARDS HENCE MY POST. 

Until he starts controlling games single handed, he's going nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'd pay the money just to watch him, but until he consistently grabs games by the scuff of the neck and bosses from 1st to last, no one will pay the money required to see him leave, at least not where his talent deserves to be.

A friend of mine is a diehard Liverpool fan.  In the early days of speculation as to if Hughes would go to Liverpool,

i told him they would have to pay 7 mill and he felt that was double what he was worth.  A bit later when

it was again a topic of gossip, i said 10 mill and he felt 7 would be about right.  A few weeks ago he brought

up the Hughes issue and i said, forget it, you had your chance, it's 15 mill up front in cash now

and he just replied, okay that's reasonable.  A cultured young experienced English midfielder will be in increasing

demand as those attributes are quite a rarity.  i hope he stays, but it's consoling to see that at least some

fans of other clubs look at him differently than before.

Archived