Richard Keogh in PFA TOTY

DcFc Dyycheee

The thing I most like about Keogh is his heart. 

Hes not everybody's favourite and does have limitations but he's always given DCFC 100 percent and plays nearly all our games. 

Personally I think he's a good passer of the ball but makes errors granted.

He does play the way Mac wants Ie plays across the back and bring the ball out of defence and I actually think he is a good tackler. 

If you want Igor Stimac or Roy Mac then on today's prices I would say you would need 20 Million Pounds. 

Take Bucko he's really improved but is unlucky with injuries but that's not a lot of good is it and it's the same with Whitbread and Barker was like that as was OBrien .

You're spot on about his comittment

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

presumably, players choose this.

Well done Richard Keogh. At least you have the respect of fellow professionals.

Fellow professionals usually know more about football than keyboard warriors 

PistoldPete2

Just tells you the fact that most of the footballers won't make good managers. If you want proof, quick look at twitter will do just fine.

He is good but not in top two centrebacks in this division.

So why don't you apply for a managers job then? TBH I would rather trust the p,ayers vote than anyone on this forum. 

PistoldPete2

Crazy, he's our 3rd best centre back at best.

Hopefully this drives up his value though. I'd take 2 million for him in the summer. We can survive with Albentosa, Rawson and Buxton, invest that money on two decent full-backs or another left-footed centre half who's good and not injury prone.

I think you know as much about football as Victoria beck ham. No wait probably less. Keoghs oroblem is he has to do the job of shoring up a leaky defence... He is our best defender by a country mile. Maybe that isn't saying much but in what alternative universe is he our 3rd best central defender? I have seen mistakes galore from grant, christie fozzy, and warnock. Can't remember any by Keogh that had cost us a goal since ... Nearly a year ago. He made a great tackle yesterday and ref awarded a penalty.. The only error I saw was one of the worst reffing decisions ever. I think Keogh does  make mistakes but his general play more than makes up for that. 

I think you know as much about football as Victoria beck ham. No wait probably less. Keoghs oroblem is he has to do the job of shoring up a leaky defence... He is our best defender by a country mile. Maybe that isn't saying much but in what alternative universe is he our 3rd best central defender? I have seen mistakes galore from grant, christie fozzy, and warnock. Can't remember any by Keogh that had cost us a goal since ... Nearly a year ago. He made a great tackle yesterday and ref awarded a penalty.. The only error I saw was one of the worst reffing decisions ever. I think Keogh does  make mistakes but his general play more than makes up for that. 

​Seriously?

The best thing about this is that all the thick **** Derby fans that think they 'know' football are now left with egg on their face. 

Keogh is far from perfect but if you was to focus on every defenders mistake then you would realise none of them are. 

Well done to Keogh. Its probably the perfect time for him to slap in a transfer request now. The fans here are never going to appreciate him properly and obviously there is a lot of professionals in the game that rate him highly - also a good chance for a big deal at another club too. 

We'll swap him for Albentosa and judge which proportion of Derby fans were talking **** in 12 months time. 

The best thing about this is that all the thick **** Derby fans that think they 'know' football are now left with egg on their face. 

Keogh is far from perfect but if you was to focus on every defenders mistake then you would realise none of them are. 

Well done to Keogh. Its probably the perfect time for him to slap in a transfer request now. The fans here are never going to appreciate him properly and obviously there is a lot of professionals in the game that rate him highly - also a good chance for a big deal at another club too. 

We'll swap him for Albentosa and judge which proportion of Derby fans were talking **** in 12 months time. 

Ambitious, I usually agree with a lot of what you say about players, do you think Keogh has been one of the best 2 centre backs this season?

Arent you one of the many who says Bucko is a much better centre back?

Ambitious, I usually agree with a lot of what you say about players, do you think Keogh has been one of the best 2 centre backs this season?

Arent you one of the many who says Bucko is a much better centre back?

I think both Buxton and Keogh are within the top lot of this division. Buxton has only played 19 games this season, so he wasn't even in contention.

I just think if you tried to replace Keogh with someone in this division then people would be in for a rude awakening.

To say he is or isn't one of the best that has played this season is extremely difficult but he must have been chosen for a reason.

The best two CB performances I've seen this season are Manga against us and Keogh against Ipswich. 

Roy McFarland,Colin Todd,Peter Daniel,Mark Wright,Paul MacGarth,Dean Yates,Igor Stimac,Garry Rowett to name a few .

Is Keogh good enough to grace that list not a chance is in the the Claude Davies list not a chance either.He falls somewhere in the middle so let's get some  perspective here he is not great but nor his he a complete donkey ....see Claude.

He is a whole hearted trier who varies between being good and poor and  has a tendency to blame others when he is at fault.

The players put him so good luck to him  the voting is done earlier so is not a current reflection just has well really even though he has been the best of a bad bunch.

​Buxton and Albentosa are better than him. Whitbread too, when he's fit. 

Keogh makes plenty of mistakes. You must have pretty bad amnesia if you can't remember a mistake of his that's cost us a goal.

Note that I never said he's a bad player. I just said that I'd take 2 million for him, as we have better or equal options at the club. He's ok. Obviously he's not helped by the fact he plays in a crap back four that is constantly changing,without a defensive midfielder, but he still deserves some of the blame for our defensive woes this year. You can't blame our utter capitulation defensively on Grant, Christie, Forsyth and Warnock without putting some blame upon Keogh. Plus last year he was in a very, very solid back four, and he wasn't very good, and easily our worst defender.

He also lacks leadership qualities, but that's another debate.

It's a complete joke that he's in the team of the year, anyway. If he's the second-best centre-back in the division, we should be scoring 15 goals a game.

What I will give you is that he always gives his all and shows a lot of passion. The same could be said for Connor Sammon.

Well done, amazing that people say he is not in the top 2 in the league, and this is based upon what? Watching these "other" players 5, 10 times a season?

It just goes to show that there are a lot of fans that think they understand football but don't.  Watching the game 90 minutes every week and coming up with the answers after the final whistle is easy, thinking players are going to have a 100% pass rate is ludicrous, and thinking the players have lost their bottle just silly.

i do include myself in that, I always thought Buxton could be replaced easy, how wrong was I :-(

anyway to to all you keogh haters, I reckon you still got chance to get to them awards and shout out a big boo for him, make him feel right at home!   

Well done Keogh.

Just proves again that the professionals ( ya know the ones that do this for a living ) Know a footballer when they see one and NOT the **** heads that spout utter sh1te on here saying he's no good just because they play a bit of football manager.

Fortunately the voting is given to real footballers, not some 14 year old "experts"

Well done Keogh.

Just proves again that the professionals ( ya know the ones that do this for a living ) Know a footballer when they see one and NOT the **** heads that spout utter sh1te on here saying he's no good just because they play a bit of football manager.

Fortunately the voting is given to real footballers, not some 14 year old "experts"

​One thing that I think most people would agree on is; that trying to use footballers intelligence to try and undermine other peoples intelligence is not the cleverest thing to do...

Archived