Richard Keogh in PFA TOTY

DcFc Dyycheee

No DM at Derby since Thorne,Eustace and Mascarell got injured so Keogh has done very well and only missed one game all season 

PS He's never had a settled partner due to injuries .

What do you class as 'done very well'?

Since having no DCM we have haemorraged goals and the whole defensive unit have been found massively incompetent time and time again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you class as 'done very well'?

Since having no DCM we have haemorraged goals and the whole defensive unit have been found massively incompetent time and time again.

Because of no DM .

We need to protect the back 4 I was being told and Mascarell didn't do it I was being told  

We could talk all day G Star but it won't change that vote from fellow professionals will it ! 

Derby fans shout Keogh ,Keogh .

Twitter users are not important .

Because of no DM .

We need to protect the back 4 I was being told and Mascarell didn't do it I was being told  

We could talk all day G Star but it won't change that vote from fellow proffetionals will it ! 

Derby fans shout Keogh ,Keogh .

Twitter users are not important .

I was just curious as to what you think he does very well? 

I did say in my post that professionals know a lot more than me!

I'm really pleased for him as I think some of the abuse he gets is uncalled for and over the top.

You will never convince me he is one of the best 2 centre backs in this division, I think it is debateable if he is in the top 2 in our club.

Crazy, he's our 3rd best centre back at best.

Hopefully this drives up his value though. I'd take 2 million for him in the summer. We can survive with Albentosa, Rawson and Buxton, invest that money on two decent full-backs or another left-footed centre half who's good and not injury prone.

Pleased that Keogh is in there (and that we have representation); he's a heart & soul player who can't be faulted for effort.

I do have reservations about his leadership qualities, and ability to organise & motivate his team on the pitch.

Defensively he is flawed - his tendency to 'sledge', to go to ground and try and shovel in, virtually horizontally, to get the ball away, often seems like a piece of last-ditch desperation to try and remedy an error or poor positional play (not necessarily his own) or bad anticipation. It's a tendency of Richard's, and also a symptom of our non-cohesive defence.

Unnecessary goals are being conceded wholesale - the best defenders stay upright more often and get in well-timed tackles, to take ball and man out of the danger area.

Had Keogh got a better challenge in on Gregory yesterday prior to the referee seizing the excuse to give a handball penalty, that situation may not have arose. One of many unfortunate examples in the Keogh canon, IMHO. You make your own luck in football - and we're busy making bad luck a lot of the time in defence at present.

I do though abhor the cheap and abusive criticism that Keogh and other players have suffered from some fans. No need for it; debate him or give examples of individual or collective cock-ups - but people should be respectful enough to leave out the damaging common insults.

Still, twitter and forums are anonymous, so everything's fair game these days, sadly, and the cowardly perpetrators are beyond contempt.

I was just curious as to what you think he does very well? 

I did say in my post that professionals know a lot more than me!

I'm really pleased for him as I think some of the abuse he gets is uncalled for and over the top.

You will never convince me he is one of the best 2 centre backs in this division, I think it is debateable if he is in the top 2 in our club.

I know Buxton has his fan club but his injuries restrict his number of appearances .

Albentosa is a good defender .

Whitbread always injured .

Keogh missed 1 game this season almost ever present last season .

Your opinion I respect  but my opinion is he does a good job for the Rams  

I'm sure Derby fans will back the team as ever against Reading and in the playoffs  

​HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least his fellow professionals rate him

theres more to playing as a defender than kicking and heading away, distribution wise keogh is one of the best in the league, were pretty much always slating forsyth for it yet were never giving keogh credit for it.

that through ball to bent which split the whole watford team? cant see kick it, hoof and hope, berra or ayala doing that

presumably, players choose this.

Well done Richard Keogh. At least you have the respect of fellow professionals.

​And the respect of numerous supporters who happen to notice the numerous last ditch tackles, team drive, passion and commitment.

Fair play to Keogh but amazed that he made that team - I think he has actually been one of our best defenders in the past 2 months although the bar is very low for that one..but he was picked so congrats to him...I still wouldnt want him anywhere near our defence next year if we did happen to get promoted mind..

Well done to him, he has his bad moments but he has many many more good moments for me. When I read this I sat there to be honest and couldn't think of any championship centre backs I have seen Derby come up against this season that were a complete rock. The one who comes close is that boro centre half, is his name gibson? I have liked the look of him but otherwise theres not really been anyone. But I guess I haven't watched enough of other teams to give a fair view. I'm glad the guy has respect of his fellow professionals.

​She is scum of the Earth though. 

I feel bad for mocking Keogh here. I should congratulate the fella. I am completely staggered though. 

The thing I most like about Keogh is his heart. 

Hes not everybody's favourite and does have limitations but he's always given DCFC 100 percent and plays nearly all our games. 

Personally I think he's a good passer of the ball but makes errors granted.

He does play the way Mac wants Ie plays across the back and bring the ball out of defence and I actually think he is a good tackler. 

If you want Igor Stimac or Roy Mac then on today's prices I would say you would need 20 Million Pounds. 

Take Bucko he's really improved but is unlucky with injuries but that's not a lot of good is it and it's the same with Whitbread and Barker was like that as was OBrien .

The thing I most like about Keogh is his heart. 

Hes not everybody's favourite and does have limitations but he's always given DCFC 100 percent and plays nearly all our games. 

Personally I think he's a good passer of the ball but makes errors granted.

He does play the way Mac wants Ie plays across the back and bring the ball out of defence and I actually think he is a good tackler. 

If you want Igor Stimac or Roy Mac then on today's prices I would say you would need 20 Million Pounds. 

Take Bucko he's really improved but is unlucky with injuries but that's not a lot of good is it and it's the same with Whitbread and Barker was like that as was OBrien .

​I would never question his heart, only his ability. Gives 100% every week. Don't think anyone would question that. 

Archived