Richard Keogh in PFA TOTY

DcFc Dyycheee

​So we had no other options to play right back other than a right back?

Do we not have a right back for the u21s then?

He moved Keogh to right back because he was still trying to shoehorn Albentosa in at centre back at that point.

If he didn't rate Keogh then he could have dropped him multiple times when we have had plenty of backup CDs, but he has stuck with Keogh because he is our best CD

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he didn't rate Keogh then he could have dropped him multiple times when we have had plenty of backup CDs, but he has stuck with Keogh because he is our best CD

​I still harbour a suspicion that Keogh may have a "If I am fit, I play" contract like Savage and Kenny Miller had. 

​It's voted for players based on 2 games, unless they watch other teams highlights or see their televised games of course.

I'm claiming that people who watch football week in week out over a number of years and from a good vantage point are probably pretty qualified to form a decent opinion on how people are playing.

​But not in comparison to how players from other teams are performing because you don't watch them every week - you will make judgements on those players from a) the league table b) the scoreline or c) three touches of the ball you saw on telly.

The poll is basically a comparison - and it's likely that when being asked to vote, the players are going to determine who they are going to vote for based upon who gave them the hardest time this season. In order to get into the team of the season, Keogh has therefore made life difficult for more forwards than other centre-backs have.

In order to have achieved that, he must have performed at the top of his game more times than anybody else, because he will have acquired more votes, ergo he impressed more opponents.

​But not in comparison to how players from other teams are performing because you don't watch them every week - you will make judgements on those players from a) the league table b) the scoreline or c) three touches of the ball you saw on telly.

The poll is basically a comparison - and it's likely that when being asked to vote, the players are going to determine who they are going to vote for based upon who gave them the hardest time this season. In order to get into the team of the season, Keogh has therefore made life difficult for more forwards than other centre-backs have.

In order to have achieved that, he must have performed at the top of his game more times than anybody else, because he will have acquired more votes, ergo he impressed more opponents.

​Yeah but you forgot Eddie, the experts on here reckon he's sh1te, so his award is void cos they know what their talking about.

​Yeah but you forgot Eddie, the experts on here reckon he's sh1te, so his award is void cos they know what their talking about.

​Give it a rest, will ya.  Various fans have various views, deal with it without the insults thank you.

It's getting real tired this sourpuss attitude of some fans just because others dare to

have an opposing opinion to them.  All opinions are fine if they are backed up by some sort of reasoning,

chest thumping and i am a better fan than you tirades are out of order. This is a general comment

not specifically aimed at you mwram, but you may take it to heart if you like.

i am pleased for Keogh for this recognition, hope it spurs him on.

Am not convinced he should be captain though for the same reasons that other posters

have pointed out in this discussion and other threads.

​Give it a rest, will ya.  Various fans have various views, deal with it without the insults thank you.

It's getting real tired this sourpuss attitude of some fans just because others dare to

have an opposing opinion to them.  All opinions are fine if they are backed up by some sort of reasoning,

chest thumping and i am a better fan than you tirades are out of order. This is a general comment

Am not convinced he should be captain though for the same reasons that other posters

Try supporting the team 

Good it's the best ting to do before the playoffs unless your a Forest fan 

It's not for you to say how i should support the team, i do it my own way. 

Insinuating that i am a Forest fan is below the belt for goodness sake,

unless you are on a windup.

It's not for you to say how i should support the team, i do it my own way. 

Insinuating that i am a Forest fan is below the belt for goodness sake,

unless you are on a windup.

I'm fed up of all thes experts who can't wait to say I told you so if we miss out.  Get behind the team for next 4 games fellow Derby fan .

I know it's below the belt and you are probably one of Derbys best fans but we don't need to do anything other than to get behind the team and stop this forum point scoring 

The very best captains and leaders snuff out goals by their overall tactical awareness and talking on the pitch.

Richard is a good defender for us.

But most of the verbals I see him give are after the event ones when almost inevitably it looks as though he's ranting as he will stand there waving his arms about looking non-plussed. Contrast Eustace/Thorne who are basically guiding the defensive unit as to where to stand.

Give him someone who will do the pre-emptive tactical game-reading stuff and let him just be the defender/crazy maverick dribbling 40m up the field playmaker.

for the record - I'm glad he has his award. Lets be supportive of one of our own, whilst making constructive suggestions for what might improve the team.

The very best captains and leaders snuff out goals by their overall tactical awareness and talking on the pitch.

Richard is a good defender for us.

But most of the verbals I see him give are after the event ones when almost inevitably it looks as though he's ranting as he will stand there waving his arms about looking non-plussed. Contrast Eustace/Thorne who are basically guiding the defensive unit as to where to stand.

Give him someone who will do the pre-emptive tactical game-reading stuff and let him just be the defender/crazy maverick dribbling 40m up the field playmaker.

for the record - I'm glad he has his award. Lets be supportive of one of our own, whilst making constructive suggestions for what might improve the team.

After we win the playoffs 

I'm fed up of all thes experts who can't wait to say I told you so if we miss out.  Get behind the team for next 4 games fellow Derby fan .

I know it's below the belt and you are probably one of Derbys best fans but we don't need to do anything other than to get behind the team and stop this forum point scoring 

​The only score points i am interested in are Derby's, so i won't consider that part of your comment to be aimed at me.

i am no expert, just a fan like you.  Most of us could do with more tolerance for other Derby fans, me included.

If we make it into playoffs there is one positive that i see, there won't be as much pressure on the team this time

as it was last season and that could have a very good influence on the players.  Steve says there is great

character in this squad, the playoffs are a test of character and nerves.  We can still do a Palace and battle through.

Come on Derby and come on captain Keogh, lead us to the promised land and shut all us critics up.

​The only score points i am interested in are Derby's, so i won't consider that part of your comment to be aimed at me.

i am no expert, just a fan like you.  Most of us could do with more tolerance for other Derby fans, me included.

If we make it into playoffs there is one positive that i see, there won't be as much pressure on the team this time

as it was last season and that could have a very good influence on the players.  Steve says there is great

character in this squad, the playoffs are a test of character and nerves.  We can still do a Palace and battle through.

Come on Derby and come on captain Keogh, lead us to the promised land and shut all us critics up.

Honestly m8 there are some Forest fans on here . Your clearly not one of them so sorry about saying that to you.

​Various fans do have different views and opinions and we are all entitled to them, I happen to think some so called fans spout utter tripe and that is my opinion while others may say i spout utter tripe, of course that's their opinion. Trust me, I won't lose a single second of sleep over it.

What gets on my tits is when our own player is ridiculed after winning a prestigious award.

EVERY single CB in the world makes mistakes, keogh is no different, my opinion is yes he may of cost us a few point along the way but so has the whole back four at one time or another.

I agree though that I don't think he is captain material.

​Various fans do have different views and opinions and we are all entitled to them, I happen to think some so called fans spout utter tripe and that is my opinion while others may say i spout utter tripe, of course that's their opinion. Trust me, I won't lose a single second of sleep over it.

What gets on my tits is when our own player is ridiculed after winning a prestigious award.

EVERY single CB in the world makes mistakes, keogh is no different, my opinion is yes he may of cost us a few point along the way but so has the whole back four at one time or another.

I agree though that I don't think he is captain material.

​i was in a foul mood this morning and it probably showed

Terrific retort

Peace

Archived