Derby County vs Reading

Carl Sagan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Managers should never lose their jobs. It's only down to the players.

​I didn't say that. If you want to blame McClaren for the poor first half performance, that's fair. But to call him out after two minutes, and for an individual mistake, that wasn't fair. 

​I didn't say that. If you want to blame McClaren for the poor first half performance, that's fair. But to call him out after two minutes, and for an individual mistake, that wasn't fair. 

I didn't call him out for the mistake. That was you being presumptuous. I said LOL at Derby and McClaren meaning 'I just have to laugh at Derby as we're that bad and McClaren with his recent record. It is laughable'.

I've mentioned the importance of a sysem/identity for so long, today it just appears we have none.

Bent's a decent goal scorer, but he offers very little else and never comes looking for the ball - a trait you need to have from the lone striker.

We just look so slow in possession it's all too easy for Reading to sit back and soak it up. There is no out-ball to the striker's feet because bent isn't that type of player.

Midfield has been poor. Jeff Hendrick is so limited, literally offers nothing in the middle. Such a shame Dawks is out injured.

Our distribution from the back is woeful. It's just all too slow and predictable - where has the pace gone?

Looking at this display today, we've fallen miles behind Bournemouth and Watford. Don't want to blame McClaren, but we look tedious and that initial fast-football he brought here has gone.

My vitriol?! What...three or four posts about McLaren in the last two years.

The players performance is down to McClaren and McClaren only.

He picks the team, organises the tactics, buys the players in etc.

When he came here, his reputation was in the toilet as a head coach and he has done little to enhance that. Getting bored are you...it's my opinion and the league table is backing me up.

I still say we'll be OK today though as we're at home to one of the worst clubs in the league and an out of form one at that.

M8 you are 100% correct , how this man is being linked to premiership jobs is laughable , but don't criticise him on here that's not allowed 

I've mentioned the importance of a sysem/identity for so long, today it just appears we have none.

Bent's a decent goal scorer, but he offers very little else and never comes looking for the ball - a trait you need to have from the lone striker.

We just look so slow in possession it's all too easy for Reading to sit back and soak it up. There is no out-ball to the striker's feet because bent isn't that type of player.

Midfield has been poor. Jeff Hendrick is so limited, literally offers nothing in the middle. Such a shame Dawks is out injured.

Our distribution from the back is woeful. It's just all too slow and predictable - where has the pace gone?

Looking at this display today, we've fallen miles behind Bournemouth and Watford. Don't want to blame McClaren, but we look tedious and that initial fast-football he brought here has gone.

Nailed it. Where's the fast, dynamic passing gone? I've lost count of the number of slow and straight long balls down the line. When was that ever effective football? Who's telling them to punt it up all the time?

Nailed it. Where's the fast, dynamic passing gone? I've lost count of the number of slow and straight long balls down the line. When was that ever effective football? Who's telling them to punt it up all the time?

And I its not that, it's triangles in midfield, that eventually go back to the defense for a punt. Absolutely no incisive balls, nothing. 

M8 you are 100% correct , how this man is being linked to premiership jobs is laughable , but don't criticise him on here that's not allowed 

​You can criticise him, no problems.

But revelling in his downfall and sniping at him just gives the impression that you're enjoying our downfall. That's not the sign of a true DCFC fan.

​You can criticise him, no problems.

But revelling in his downfall and sniping at him just gives the impression that you're enjoying our downfall. That's not the sign of a true DCFC fan.

Pot...kettle.

I don't ever recall you having a snipe at Clough or seemingly revelling in his downfall Bris.

​One goal, but a million miles.

We are truly dreadful.  The only silver lining is ............well, there isn't one.

​The silver lining is that it's a very similar game to Brentford, and we know how that one ended up...

Archived