Has a team ever capitulated as much as Derby County?

Chris Mills

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd normally have enough to be in the playoffs on our points but feels very much like a damp squib after going 5 clear at the the top. Never would I have thought at that high we'd potentially be usurped by Wolves and Brentford into 7th or even 8th place by the end of the season. Season on a thread now.

Newcastle's 'I'd love it, just love it if we beat them' season was an impressive, not to say hilarious, capitulation.

​Actually Newcastle this season hace dropped very badly and are now in the relegation mix...now that could really provide some funny moments in a few weeks

We'd normally have enough to be in the playoffs on our points but feels very much like a damp squib after going 5 clear at the the top. Never would I have though we'd potentially be usurped by Wolves and Brentford into 7th or even 8th place by the end of the season. Season on a thread now.

​We have the most number of points a 6th placed team has ever got in the Championship era, with a game still to play. Unbelievable really. 

The defence has always been a problem even when Mac took over,remember Ipswich at home and we were 4 nil down at ht? Nothing much has changed since.

We have relaid on scoring more than we concede, which was great when we were scoring goals.

If we did not have Bent and Ince then god knows where our position would be in the table?

Injuries have cost us!

Hey, but as it stands it is still in our own hands!

The defence has always been a problem even when Mac took over,remember Ipswich at home and we were 4 nil down at ht? Nothing much has changed since.

We have relaid on scoring more than we concede, which was great when we were scoring goals.

If we did not have Bent and Ince then god knows where our position would be in the table?

Injuries have cost us!

Hey, but as it stands it is still in our own hands!

​4-1

Good point only need to draw against Reading now to get in playoffs 

​Under the circumstances with Millwall being given a lifeline by the football league docking 3 pts off Rotherham, it gave them a reason to put up a battle today. I think the timing was not in favour for the Rams and a definite boost to them. Another mistake by Lee Grant and a penalty awarded for handball against our skipper, who according to reports never touched the ball with his hand.

I can't believe that we are down to the last game of the season to see if we make the dreaded play offs... and some will be relieved if we make it, me included, who would have envisaged this in January !!

​Under the circumstances with Millwall being given a lifeline by the football league docking 3 pts off Rotherham, it gave them a reason to put up a battle today. I think the timing was not in favour for the Rams and a definite boost to them. Another mistake by Lee Grant and a penalty awarded for handball against our skipper, who according to reports never touched the ball with his hand.

Always going to be a tricky game. 

Never say die attitude bodes well.  

Grant is just shot to pieces - every game he looks likely to make one or more comedic errors..

Back 4 still look rubbish as well..so poor on the ball..is it nerves?

Keogh has got away with 2 or 3 of those dive ins with arms out in recent times,,still looked harsh to me..

Funny that Hendrick looked rubbish then scored a world class goal to grab a vital point

PistoldPete2

Silly question. Blackburn were top going into the last 7 games, lost 6 out of 7, finished 6th. Then beat us in the play offs  and won promotion. 

Grant is just shot to pieces - every game he looks likely to make one or more comedic errors..

Back 4 still look rubbish as well..so poor on the ball..is it nerves?

Keogh has got away with 2 or 3 of those dive ins with arms out in recent times,,still looked harsh to me..

Funny that Hendrick looked rubbish then scored a world class goal to grab a vital point

Hendrick is always rubbish when played out of position.

​Lee Grant is fine, don't understand the criticism he is receiving at the minute. The defence is the problem at the minute; can't deal with simple balls over the top and seem to collapse under pressure. Also, distribution has been a serious issue.

We've seen how good Grant is when he's playing with a solid back 4!

Had some div behind me calling him a fooking clown all match. Silly mistake to make but get a grip.

I think all of the defence is to blame but Grant has to take a fair slice of criticism,,he has saved some great shots but some of his blunders in recent times have been of a quality that you would not see on a park pitch..that has to be a massive worry..

I still do not advocate abusing players when at the game - they need to feel the crowd is on side and next weekend it is vital that the fan vibe is 100% positive..

Those who abuse players players at matches should be lined up and verbally abused. Never got it out understood the need to hurl obscenity at professional Footballers. I have never seen it at a rugby game. 

​"Should be lined up and shot".

Unfortunately football attracts a lot of dipshits

Archived