Has a team ever capitulated as much as Derby County?

Chris Mills

Looking back to the 25th February. Top of the league with 5 points between us and Ipswich. In my young memory I cannot think of a team that has ever had such a fall from grace.  

Can anyone reassure me that we haven't just experienced the worst collapse in recent history of football?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Looking back to the 25th February. Top of the league with 5 points between us and Ipswich. In my young memory I cannot think of a team that has ever had such a fall from grace.  

Can anyone reassure me that we haven't just experienced the worst collapse in recent history of football?

​Dont forget Forest had won the league title by the middle of september....

wolves and brentford will surely win next week, so we will now have to get a point v reading and rely on goal difference.

if we lose to reading then we don't deserve anything.

we simply cannot carry on with this defence and keeper.

.we simply cannot carry on with this defence and keeper.

​Lee Grant is fine, don't understand the criticism he is receiving at the minute. The defence is the problem at the minute; can't deal with simple balls over the top and seem to collapse under pressure. Also, distribution has been a serious issue.

We've seen how good Grant is when he's playing with a solid back 4!

​Manchester United led the Premier League table by eight points with five or six games remaining. They ended up 2nd to Manchester City of all teams.

Now that's a capitulation of epic proportions.

​Lee Grant is fine, don't understand the criticism he is receiving at the minute. The defence is the problem at the minute; can't deal with simple balls over the top and seem to collapse under pressure. Also, distribution has been a serious issue.

We've seen how good Grant is when he's playing with a solid back 4!

Lee Grant is fine?

well.....lets see what this latest miss kick amounts to, but surely you saw what happened v huddersfield, rotherham and wolves.....4 points dropped there as a result of keeper errors.

Lee Grant is fine?

well.....lets see what this latest miss kick amounts to, but surely you saw what happened v huddersfield, rotherham and wolves.....4 points dropped there as a result of keeper errors.

​Compared to 20+ points dropped due to defence...

Any keeper playing behind that defence is bound to be shaky considering attackers seem to be able to waltz through without a challenge in sight!

Archived