RIP Colin Bloomfield

-JW-

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Horrible stuff. 

I thought it sounded like he was getting through it, certainly knocked me back. I guess there is nothing else to say other than rest in peace. 

Not many go into hospice and live ... Not a surprise but sad all the same.

Absolutely choked by this. Put such a downer on things, I actually don't care about the Millwall game now.

I exchanged many a humorous email with Colin when he was main commentator, and he once gave me about half an hour on the phone in where we talked about 10 different things.

A lot of people were harsh on his commentary, one bloke even stupidly ringing in and saying it was Bloomfield's camp voice that upset him more than Derby losing! I supported Colin cos I knew he took that to heart and told him to carry on as he had the makings of being a great commentator, he was already a very professional and dedicated bloke back then.

The emails dried up and stopped once he had more important things to worry about, but I had hoped he'd make a full recovery.

my heart sank a couple of weeks back when someone mentioned he was in a hospice. To me that only means one thing.

I don't think I'll be able to listen now, I know a couple of the current broadcast team were very close to him.

RIP Bloomers. you were one of the good guys.

Very, very sad to hear this, he was brave and positive to the end.

Talented, friendly, professional, he will be missed but never forgotten.

No doubt we'll have a '33rd minute' of applause at the Reading game, folks?

I so wished that Derby could have done it for Colin at Wembley last year, saddened that The Rams couldn't stay top for him this year. Now boys - go and do it for Colin in his memory.

Exchanged emails with Colin just a couple of weeks ago, exploring with him how to support the melanoma campaign; he gave his blessing for any efforts I'm able to progress so I'll hope to push on with plans. 

Archived