missing. . .

Derbados

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still say something hasn't been right since he wasn't selected at Wembley.

I was with a relation of his at the green man, he had a phone call from Craig himself to tell him he wasn't playing (a lot of Scott's had travelled down to watch the game)...a text arrived moments later from Brysons missus which said "Mclarens a banker" or words to that affect.

Bryson hasn't had much of a derby career since wembley.

im not askin anyone to believe what I've said, but I guarantee neither Craig or family were happy he hadn't started.

I was with a relation of his at the green man, he had a phone call from Craig himself to tell him he wasn't playing (a lot of Scott's had travelled down to watch the game)...a text arrived moments later from Brysons missus which said "Mclarens a banker" or words to that affect.

im not askin anyone to believe what I've said, but I guarantee neither Craig or family were happy he hadn't started.

​ Not doubting what yr saying but if that's the case why did he sign another contract ?

The way the midfield three of Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes played in the play off semi meant there was no way Bryson could have started in the final but I have often wondered if not being picked has affected him.

I do think that his goals (and I know goals are important) made his season seem a lot better than it actually was.  He had a decent season with lots of goals rather than a great season.  Take the goals away and you get this season.

​like any family of a player who didnt start that game. 11 spaces, he didnt make it. thats football

I think the players will be glad when this season is over. They don't look like they are enjoying it, and the relationship with the crowd is strained.

it would seem that craig has not had the relationship with schteve that he enjoyed with the previous manager.

not only did he miss wembley, schteve has constantly picked hendrick ahead of bryson this season. I think he also tried to change his game.

but.......craig keeps getting opportunities to play, and when he does play he should show schteve what he has been missing.

Why pick one season out of 4 or 5 is it? And decide that it's typical Bryson. 

Last season was the one off. Not this one. Under Nigel, he and Hendrick were often poor together.  

To get the best out of Bryson is when you get any sort of concentrated possession within 20-25 yards of their goal. 

The guy has composure, he's got decent movement. He's got a decent finish on him. He's a very short range passer. 

What he can't do is tackle or head. Or see passes beyond the end of his nose. If he's going to spend most of his time on the ball sat deep then all you'll get from him is harmless but accurate passes and ticking over. Push that higher up the pitch and it translates as pressure 

As for the Wembley thing. I find it hard to believe he's unprofessional. Disappointed to be left out? Sure. But you learn very quickly to treat wins and losses (on a personal level too) in a way where you don't get too high or low. Sport is fickle. 

These are his mates. They're a unit. You eat, work, play together. It's a team sport and footballers are rarely the arrogant care free ****** they are painted. If it's not tactical or whatever and it's about Wembley then he needs to grow up. 

But it's either that he's stopped doing what worked for him for 1 season.  Or he's been asked to stop doing it. I can't imagine he's in it for himself. Footballers tend to start thinking like that when the transfer windows approach and offers and agents etc are all over the place. In the thick of the season most are like most of us. We want to be good at what we do and be successful. 

Why pick one season out of 4 or 5 is it? And decide that it's typical Bryson. 

Last season was the one off. Not this one. Under Nigel, he and Hendrick were often poor together.  

To get the best out of Bryson is when you get any sort of concentrated possession within 20-25 yards of their goal. 

The guy has composure, he's got decent movement. He's got a decent finish on him. He's a very short range passer. 

What he can't do is tackle or head. Or see passes beyond the end of his nose. If he's going to spend most of his time on the ball sat deep then all you'll get from him is harmless but accurate passes and ticking over. Push that higher up the pitch and it translates as pressure 

As for the Wembley thing. I find it hard to believe he's unprofessional. Disappointed to be left out? Sure. But you learn very quickly to treat wins and losses (on a personal level too) in a way where you don't get too high or low. Sport is fickle. 

These are his mates. They're a unit. You eat, work, play together. It's a team sport and footballers are rarely the arrogant care free ****** they are painted. If it's not tactical or whatever and it's about Wembley then he needs to grow up. 

But it's either that he's stopped doing what worked for him for 1 season.  Or he's been asked to stop doing it. I can't imagine he's in it for himself. Footballers tend to start thinking like that when the transfer windows approach and offers and agents etc are all over the place. In the thick of the season most are like most of us. We want to be good at what we do and be successful. 

Absolutely spot on post. 

I am with @Alpha Signia. People get hung up over his scoring achievements of last season. It was exactly that, an achievement. Add his scoring tally up and divide by seasons and he averages 5 goals, just shows last season was a flash in the pan.

Personally do not rate him as a Championship footballer, just doesnt seem to have a tactical brain on him. There were times yesterday he would make a run forward, Forsyth would be about to play him in then as he goes to pass the ball over the top Bryson starts tracking backing rather than pushing on, if he had a tactical brain he would know the ball would be coming over the top to him if he continue running.

Craig's substantial salary increase has seemingly for whatever reason had the opposite effect of what was intended.

​We were wondering if the weight of his wallet was slowing him down - a couple of yards off the pace yesterday (though not alone in that...)

I think the players will be glad when this season is over. They don't look like they are enjoying it, and the relationship with the crowd is strained.

it would seem that craig has not had the relationship with schteve that he enjoyed with the previous manager.

not only did he miss wembley, schteve has constantly picked hendrick ahead of bryson this season. I think he also tried to change his game.

but.......craig keeps getting opportunities to play, and when he does play he should show schteve what he has been missing.

M8 there is a bigger picture here and most of the fans don't see it , but look no further than who is in charge , craig keeps getting opportunities but as a holding midfielder ? Give me a break Craig's game is all about getting forward and running off Chris Martin , the fact that mclaren keeps picking players out of position will for certain mean another season in the championship  ,his signings have been poor and I will go though them 

albentosa -we have loads of central defenders , he's the worst

warnock - don't get that signing either , yea Forsyth needed competition but surely in January a youngster could have been brought in to do that 

bent - should only play when and if Chris Martin is injured , otherwise it should be the bench

lingaard - I think he's shown more than the rest of them but for some reason does not get selected 

ince- can't say he's not a good player but Tom Ince plays for Tom Ince and again is no team player 

Archived