Have found keo best position

B4ev6is

I throught playing keo at right back was a great tactial move by steve yesterday he closed down oppsition down well and love to see him play there again on saturday again brentford. And I am wandering who is going play in centrel midfield if bryson not fit. Do we go with jamie henderson another go or with another under 21 player.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I throught playing keo at right back was a great tactial move by steve yesterday he closed down oppsition down well and love to see him play there again on saturday again brentford. And I am wandering who is going play in centrel midfield if bryson not fit. Do we go with jamie henderson another go or with another under 21 player.

I like McClaren's tactical nous.  He plays and plays Christie out of form until he is a gibbering wreck, he gets Shotton concussed, he has a argument (allegedly involving a teacup) with a key central defender and suggests he might want to have some work done on his back, and he plays "Wandering" Hendrick out of position. He finally has 4 senior defenders available and Keogh is the first one out of the hat (fortunately) as I would have feared for a few people in the stands if Fozzy had been allowed to bang it forward from right back.

Keogh is fine at right back in games like Monday against Wigan where the pitch means that the ball could bounce up at anytime, thus neutralising pacy wingers to a manageable degree. On our better surface at the iPro, I would worry that Pritchard and Dallas would have he running on Keogh a number of times. Keogh at RB should be used on a game-by-game basis.

We'd be top 2 now, if macca has swallowed his pride and played Warnock in the DM position instead of Mascerell. Especially as the midfield has been crying out for experience, and a talker to get the young lads through games.

Keogh's best position is at centre back. He managed to put in a shift in at right back but it was far from without cause for concern.

When the ball was hit down the lines, he looked all at sea. He didn't know whether to come or go, stick or twist. He also looked very jaded when someone decided to run at him. I know it didn't happen much but when players ran at him and made him think, he rarely came away with the ball. 

McClean is a terrier, he went looking for the ball and moved it on quickly rather than gambling on beating Keogh in the dribble. I'm not convinced his positioning or style is cut out to be a full back. Then again, Christie is in that bad of form that I don't think we have much of a choice. 

In an ideal world, McClaren coaches Christie out of his slump and we can crack on with a talented full back. 

Yeah, wait, Hanson. Nevermind, I'm with you now.

Think it'll be Brys and Hendrick to be honest. I'm not totally against that, they're both disciplined enough to work out that one of them is back at all times surely?

Archived