Embarrasing

valleyram

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little of the thread but did anyone see the steward at the Watford game being held back from fighting with the derby fans. 

was in the south east corner.  

Its of little surprise our fans fight with each other when we have our own stewards attacking us as well. 

Find the Collymore chant ridiculous to be honest. Not only celebrating a player breaking his leg, but one who has no previous animosity or history against us?

Now if it were a song about Billy Davies sitting on a thistle, that would be different.

A little of the thread but did anyone see the steward at the Watford game being held back from fighting with the derby fans. 

was in the south east corner.  

Its of little surprise our fans fight with each other when we have our own stewards attacking us as well. 

​I hate it... and I could hear it on the radio.

The really pointless moronic thing about it is ............

a) with the new words its quite a new song

b) he stopped playing years and years ago.

Sums the South stand derby fans up to a tee.

All South stand Derby fans? 

Putting the whole south stand in one group is a bit harsh isn't it?

To be fair most just sing along to help the atmosphere what ever the song. I just refuse to sing to it. Noticed a few others who belt out the songs not singing it either.

was in the south east corner.  

Saw that and was surprised that the senior steward and his able assistant had to drag him out. They seemed to have quite a few new guys at that match. The senior steward and his deputy were talking after the incident as neither of them had seen the initial part, they moved him out of the way and from listening to them it doesn't look like he will be asked back again. 

Strange though as the stewards on the home side of the East stand side of the away fans have been spot on all season. I know some of the more aggressive lads get upset when told to calm down (usually nicely but also by police officers v Leeds & Forest) but they obviously have no idea about stadium rules & acceptable behaviour etc.  

I find the Collymore chant lacks any kind of class. 

We are supposed to be Derby County who historically have been known to be a great bunch of fans, quite humorous in what we chant, creative and classy. 

Now we spend half the time chanting about a guy who yes, as a footballer hated Derby, but as a person actually sticks up for us and other fans and has some real insight into football that many others lack. 

We then sing about Forest, again.

To be out sang at nearly every important home game this season has been a real disappointment.  

To hear 'sing when your winning' as a very accurate accusation annoys me.

The South stand are doing better than the old east stand corner ever did(not saying much as it got so bad towards the end), but it could be so much more. I hope a few more people take the mantle of leading and creating chants into the future as it is so desperately needed. 

Oh, oh, and while I'm at it, you may notice that more of the ground join in when the words you use don't contain any swear words. To watch the kids around me join in to 'Since I was young' is great, then to see many stop singing when the next song is full of unnecessary expletives is such a shame. 

I know football will always have that element to it, but even the bounce song doesn't need the f word, replaced with 'wanna' has the same effect and even more would join in. We are supposed to be building the future of our support, consider that next time you think a chant has any merit. 

I prefer the swearing in the songs etc would be daft with out it.

I'll be taking my son hopefully this Friday if the missus don't decide her waters want to break not sure how he's gonna go along with the songs..

At the moment he thinks it's if you don't bounce your head.. Gonna dread to see his face when he hears the swearing I'll just say it's naughty lol.

kids hear swearing everywhere they go. If you think your kid isn't exposed to swearing, you're deluded. The parenting skill comes in NOT protecting your children from swearing, but from educating them on what's right and wrong, and preventing them from repeating it. 

I managed on the popside to hear loads of swearing, but I knew kids shouldn't swear..

I prefer the swearing in the songs etc would be daft with out it.

I'll be taking my son hopefully this Friday if the missus don't decide her waters want to break not sure how he's gonna go along with the songs..

At the moment he thinks it's if you don't bounce your head.. Gonna dread to see his face when he hears the swearing I'll just say it's naughty lol.

kids hear swearing everywhere they go. If you think your kid isn't exposed to swearing, you're deluded. The parenting skill comes in NOT protecting your children from swearing, but from educating them on what's right and wrong, and preventing them from repeating it.

I managed on the popside to hear loads of swearing, but I knew kids shouldn't swear..

Archived