Wigan Athletic vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

at least ince is playing in his best position, just behind the striker. I know people aren't that confident looking at that team but I'm quietly confident because we have experience in that back 4 and keogh, as stated by someone else on this thread can run forward without leaving gaps in the centre back position. Glad Warnock is playing because the criticism he received after the red card was harsh-at least he tried to impose himself on the game against reading

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forsyth and Albentosa might complement each other quite well. One left-footer and one right-footer. One reasonably mobile, one the old fashioned centre half. Better than playing Keogh and Albentosa imo; Keogh and Warnock also gives us two full-backs who are decent defensively, taking a bit of pressure off of the CBs.

Ince will be effective in the middle. Gives him a chance to influence the play more. I'd prefer he started Lingard or Dawkins instead of Ward, but Ward does do some good work defensively. 

Crazy to start Bent instead of Martin if Martin is fit. 

Hopefully these drastic changes make us better but equally I could see them blowing up in McClaren's face. We'll see.

Archived