Wigan Athletic vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ram - you want experience in you're fence but you are happy to put Hanson in there just in front?

Hughes if playing in that second defensive position will not venture forward for two reasons 1) if told to play there, he doesn't do it. He wants to orchestrate play from deep. I think he is wasted there but in current circumstances, I'd play him there. 2) He wouldn't trust Hanson, and thus would stay back. What you think sounds great in there org, doesn't always work in practice.

I really do hope he puts Hendrick to right back though. Gives us more going forward, and attacks will keep moving.

A couple months ago we were 2-0 up against Birmingham, sitting pretty at the top and the fourth official held up three minutes time. Now if the guy sat next to me had nudged me and said "hey, you do realise that as soon as the 5th April we'll be clinging on to sixth place by goal difference and our automatic dreams will have all but vanished I'd have called him a mucking foron or something along those lines.

Now no win in seven, and our play-off place in jeopardy never mind those distance automatic dreams, this game is so important. Every game is so important. We have six games left, let's aim for third or fourth again and get a good play-off tie, have good form going into it and see how the play-offs fare for us this team.

Seven games without a win MUST end tomorrow surely? Come on Derby let's see you how you were as recent as a couple months ago.

Blind optimism....spine gone, confidence gone, momentum gone, autos gone, play offs and McLaren going ..... ho hum, still think we can win 6 on the bounce because I believe in Santa claus and the tooth fairy...

Don't think Martin will start. Wasn't long ago he was "doing one day, day off" for training...

Grant

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Fozzy

Hughes    Bryson/Hendrick

Ince           Lingard            Russell/Ward

Bent

Martin, Ward/Russell, Dawkins the subs who come on. Unless it all goes horribly wrong of course....

I think we will break our bad run tomorrow 

I am down in Norfolk this week - and there are a lot of chirpy canaries down here - all very confident that they will do it......

we have a great run in.......and could do with puttin it on track tomorrow.....

Archived