who thinks england can win euro 2016

B4ev6is

We are top of the group and scored more goals than any other country in the compention I do think if england can get to the last 16 or 8. I say this team could well win it this time around but it will also mean need a bit of lady luck on the national side. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I-Ram says to his missus, a semi would be a fantastic achievement.

Win it all? I doubt it. The defence just isn't good enough. Unless an elite centre-half comes out of nowhere, Harry Kane style, we won't have much of a chance.

That said, we have some decent attacking pieces, good depth in midfield and a goalie who, on his day, is top 10 in the world. But a poor manager and bad defence will be our downfall.

What roy is trying build around youth players the only way they are going to get experance is by playing them. I think england showed when we run at the oppersition they scared to death of us. But I do think ross barkley if he just looked up for a secound he would have seen a better opation right or left on the side of him going for himself.

We're looking a lot more promising now, but there are much stronger teams in the competition. 

I just don't think we have that much individual quality in the team, but for once we're playing like a team. The passing and interplay at times has been outstanding. 

There is plenty of scope for places in the squad too. There's going to be a fine line between plenty of the players who make it and those who dont. It just seems really unpredictable now. Ryan Mason has never been selected for the u21 England side and gets thrown into the first-team due to a good couple of months. 

Harry Kane was utter tripe up until 2014 and then suddenly became the best striker this country has produced since Shearer apparently. I know people laugh when it's said Tottenham nearly sold/released him, but he was jeered and mocked for not being good enough. I thought it was going to be a Callum Ball all over again. 

There will be plenty of twists and turns between now and selection day. 

I'd place the likes of Will Hughes, Alex Pritchard, Patrick Bamford, Callum Wilson and Jordon Ibe firmly in the picture, too. 

Don't think England can win, don't see enough quality to be honest.

But with the way the seedings work and the fact a few other European nations are in transitional periods, it would be criminal if we fail to make at least the quarter finals.

The next step to winning the competition is beating fellow top nations. A semi-final isn't totally out of the question, given in previous years when we've not been that great we were only denied a semi-final place by a penalty shoot-out loss.

But we'll likely come accross a Germany, Spain, France or Holland at some point. Are we good enough to beat them? Or good enough to beat two of them in the same competition? 

For me, nope.

I'll be happy to get top of the group anything past that can't see us doing it. England don't excite me any more I remember when I was younger always wanted to watch it was brilliant. Lost passion now days only watch it when I get a chance or doing nothing else.

We always qualify well......(except for when we have a second rate manager with a brolly in charge of course) I read somewhere that since that game against Croatia, we have played 33 qualifying games, won 25 drawn 7 and lost 1 something like that, anyway, it is up there with the best...

The problem is when we come to play against a decent team, or as shown in the world cup a half decent team......

having said all thiis, when we start the tournament I will be telling everyone, especially all the snail munching surrender monkeys over here that we will absolutley cream it...!

We always qualify well......(except for when we have a second rate manager with a brolly in charge of course) I read somewhere that since that game against Croatia, we have played 33 qualifying games, won 25 drawn 7 and lost 1 something like that, anyway, it is up there with the best...

The problem is when we come to play against a decent team, or as shown in the world cup a half decent team......

having said all thiis, when we start the tournament I will be telling everyone, especially all the snail munching surrender monkeys over here that we will absolutley cream it...!

I would say we have the makings ( when all fit and available ) of one of our best sides for a few years .

Our pace in the latter part of the game scared the Italians to bits , and whatever side they put out will have a good defence .

With Sturridge ,  Wilshire , and  Oxlaide -Chamberlain missing we did not have a full strength side out either so don't belittle our performance so much.

We will get to the semi's IMHO all things being equal , and from there its anybody's.

We all do realiase that we have the same team that completely and utterly embarrassed themselves in the World Cup only 8 months ago....??

Of course i still think they will win the Euros....but i also thought we would win in Italia 90....Sweden 92.....Euro 96...France 98..etc etc etc...didn't quite work out the way i hoped that is for sure.

We still have a dodgy central defence and very little strength in depth - Cahill & Jagielka are just about adequate (on a good day), but if we have to rely on Smalling and/or Jones, we're stuffed against the better teams....could be the thing that kills us in the latter stages (if we get that far)

Archived