Still without a Centre Forward

cloughandtaylor

Now we are going into games were we cannot really afford to drop points.

I still cannot believe Mac thinks we can win games without a recognised CF.

Before all those reply that JR is one, no he isn't, he is a different type of striker, one that loves to run with the ball.....

We were fortunate against Norwich and we had lady luck on our side, but playing Boro is a step up, they are coming to us in pole position having dispatched Ipswich with ease.

We still look vulnerable at the back and have nobody that can hold the ball up like CM or Bent for that matter, I just hope we can improve 200% on recent performances, we need 90+ minutes of concentration against Boro, but we do need a recognised CF who can bring Ince/JR/Hughes into the game and cause Boro some problems because we didn't do that on Saturday at Norwich.

3pts against Boro would set us up nicely for a tuff game at Wolves and we then have time to get everybody else fit for the Watford game......But we must not cock up on Tuesday!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before all those reply that JR is one, no he isn't, he is a different type of striker, one that loves to run with the ball.....

We were fortunate against Norwich and we had lady luck on our side, but playing Boro is a step up, they are coming to us in pole position having dispatched Ipswich with ease.

We still look vulnerable at the back and have nobody that can hold the ball up like CM or Bent for that matter, I just hope we can improve 200% on recent performances, we need 90+ minutes of concentration against Boro, but we do need a recognised CF who can bring Ince/JR/Hughes into the game and cause Boro some problems because we didn't do that on Saturday at Norwich.

3pts against Boro would set us up nicely for a tuff game at Wolves and we then have time to get everybody else fit for the Watford game......But we must not cock up on Tuesday!

​Why are Boro a step up? Their form is worse than Norwich and we are at home. They didn't dispatch Ipswich easily, Ipswich were much the better team in the first half and were unlucky to be 2-1 down at half time.

We need to play Dawkins IMO, he will wold the ball up.

Unfortunately you are confusing striker and centre forward​ as one and the same they are not............JR is a striker he is not a CF-he is a player that likes to cut in from the wing, running at pace - he is not a CF - a strong player that can hold off big defenders, a player that can hold the ball up and bring players like JR into play.

From your comment there is obviously a village somewhere without one..... 

Unfortunately you are confusing striker and centre forward​ as one and the same they are not............JR is a striker he is not a CF-he is a player that likes to cut in from the wing, running at pace - he is not a CF - a strong player that can hold off big defenders, a player that can hold the ball up and bring players like JR into play.

From your comment there is obviously a village somewhere that has lost one..... 

Archived