Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the chances Norwich missed and how inept our defending was last few minutes I am quite glad to come away with a very valuable point.

Dropped to 4th yes, but just 2 points off top and a big game against Boro Tuesday.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but I am proud of how JR played today. Not his best performance no, but man he never stopped running and gave it his all the whole game. Cheers JR.

Hanson imo was solid overall. Not great by any means, but I thought did some nice things at times and his freekicks were pretty good imo.

On to Boro.

​I see your point and I understand that without a recognised striker we were always going to struggle. Bent offers something different to what Martin does but I just feel that with the way we are currently playing, Martin would make more of a difference than Bent would in terms of all round play.

we had a few lives given us in terms of norwich not taking chances, have to say, i did think we tried thigs throughout which always dropped to norwich, making us look bad, but if a few had dropped different we;d have created something and on another day we will.

twice russell would have been in on goal if not fouled as well.

lets not be downbeat.

With the chances Norwich missed and how inept our defending was last few minutes I am quite glad to come away with a very valuable point.

Dropped to 4th yes, but just 2 points off top and a big game against Boro Tuesday.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but I am proud of how JR played today. Not his best performance no, but man he never stopped running and gave it his all the whole game. Cheers JR.

Hanson imo was solid overall. Not great by any means, but I thought did some nice things at times and his freekicks were pretty good imo.

On to Boro.

Mediocre game overall with Norwich having most of the play though only late on did they create a few good chances. Hanson put himself about and did OK on his debut, Russell gave everything but cant really keep the ball with his back to goal, Keogh it seemed looked very panicky throughout often when he had more time than he thought. But we will need to get players back quickly I think if we are going to go up.

PistoldPete2

I was worried at half time we would risk going well adrift of the top teams before the international break. If we can stay in touch we can win our last 6 or 7 games, but we need our top players back. 

Thrilled with a point. Our fate is 100% still in our hands.

But that was a poor performance. We let them play, we didn't press them, we couldn't keep the ball, we didn't put them under any sustained attacking pressure. They had two brilliant chances at the end which should have been scored.

Hanson played well I thought. Hope he starts in place of Mascarell from now on.

As I said, very pleased with that result as we didn't deserve it at all. But we shouldn't be fooled - the only difference between a loss and a draw there was John Ruddy's butterfingers. Otherwise, we would have lost that game, no question. We generated nothing else in attack. 

On to another massive game Tuesday. COYR!

Archived