What makes us so good?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite right, consistency is the answer, we've ironed out the lows, consequently we don't seem to have

as many of the highs we did last season - our highs now are not the occasional 5-0s,  its the increase

in the number of wins and decrease in the losses. Its also the year of the RAM!

I think its the ability to control games, we keep the ball very well. If any one watched Arsenal last night funnily enough their main problem during the game which is similar to ours at times, is that their centre backs were to slow in passing to the midfield. I feel this is the same with us sometimes, keogh and whoever he is playing alongside him generally don't get the ball into the midfielder quick enough. I suppose thats what people were moaning about around me the other night. I said to my dad, "you wouldn't believe we were comfortably winning 2-0 if you didn't look at the scoreboard".

I do think we could do with upping the tempo sometimes because when we do like with the two goals against Charlton teams can't deal with us.

​I'm thinking we're one off on the 5's from last year Tedd.

I have: 2013-2014  5-1 Millwall, 5-1 Blackpool, 5-0 Forest

2014-2015 5-1 Fulham 5-0 Wolves  Fulham 2 Derby 5 (cup game)

For the 4's I cannot recall a 4 goal wupping last year  - there was the 4-4 v Ipswich. This year we have had the 4-1 Bolton.

I think last year we got wupped more often 4-1 v Leicester, 3-0 Burnley, 3-1 Reading. we've had just 2 league defeats by 2-0 this year

​I'm thinking we're one off on the 5's from last year Tedd.

I have: 2013-2014  5-1 Millwall, 5-1 Blackpool, 5-0 Forest

2014-2015 5-1 Fulham 5-0 Wolves

For the 4's I cannot recall a 4 goal wupping last year  - there was the 4-4 v Ipswich. This year we have had the 4-1 Bolton.

I think last year we got wupped more often 4-1 v Leicester, 3-0 Burnley, 3-1 Reading. we've had just 2 league defeats by 2-0 this year

I think its the ability to control games, we keep the ball very well. If any one watched Arsenal last night funnily enough their main problem during the game which is similar to ours at times, is that their centre backs were to slow in passing to the midfield. I feel this is the same with us sometimes, keogh and whoever he is playing alongside him generally don't get the ball into the midfielder quick enough. I suppose thats what people were moaning about around me the other night. I said to my dad, "you wouldn't believe we were comfortably winning 2-0 if you didn't look at the scoreboard".

I do think we could do with upping the tempo sometimes because when we do like with the two goals against Charlton teams can't deal with us.

I think this is one of the reasons that Thorne is so important, he is the link between the defence and our

attack, and as such Keogh/Bucko etc.. can just give him the ball and he'll get it up the pitch alot more

accurately and twice as quick!!

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is supposed to be brought up to show how arrogant we are. But it also should show how forgetful we are.

We've had a terrible run.

We hsvent been outplayed much at all. 

We haven't become rubbish.

From 6 years of average at best to the two seasons we've had.. maybe we should all put down the pills.

Archived