Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

23 minutes ago, JG400 said:

As a Scotland fan I decided I would take a Scotland defeat as long as Fury won Doh!!! , I hope I haven't jinxed it I am so hoping Fury wins at a canter

Your lad josh taylors quality! Aint got the credit for what hes done so far!!

12 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I downloaded it n payed for it on my phone bill! If i get up tomoz n it doesnt work ill be fuming!

I wanted to record it but you can't if you book it online. 

I had to go online to book it. No choice. 

And the site assumed my sky box and email are forever linked. BT unaware that you can get upgrades with Sky occasionally....

3.30 alarm it is then. ffs

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Who is staying up to watch it? GFs treating her mum to a spa weekend bday thingy so I'm off to a pal's for the night. Quite looking forward to it tbh. I fancy Fury for a comfortable win but I'm on a losing streak right now with my boxing bets so who knows?

Aye.

If I was in Manchester I'd be watching this off the back of a night out (like I did the last time they fought, minus the falling asleep just before it started part).

I'm in Burton though so it's a night in with a poo load of Monster energies.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

So AJ officially triggered the rematch with Usyk then. I seen people saying that he should leave it and I thought it was madness and career suicide but Shane Fury actually made a good argument

He's 31. He can go away and comeback. Sure haters will hate on him but they're hating on him now and losing the rematch will set him back further than if he ducked it. 

He can go away and have 10 fights and still be in a prime age to come again. 

Most sensible argument I've seen beyond "he can't beat Usyk, don't try"

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So AJ officially triggered the rematch with Usyk then. I seen people saying that he should leave it and I thought it was madness and career suicide but Shane Fury actually made a good argument

He's 31. He can go away and comeback. Sure haters will hate on him but they're hating on him now and losing the rematch will set him back further than if he ducked it. 

He can go away and have 10 fights and still be in a prime age to come again. 

Most sensible argument I've seen beyond "he can't beat Usyk, don't try"

I understand the point that yes, he could leave it and have more fights, but I do still believe that Joshua could beat Usyk in a rematch and win the belts back. He needs to go away and really look at what went wrong in the first fight, but he did a good job of that after the Ruiz fight. Looked a different man in the second fight. 

If he goes away, then what happens if Fury/Wilder retire? That's the money fights. If he can get through Usyk, he can still have his money fight for the undisputed. 

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I understand the point that yes, he could leave it and have more fights, but I do still believe that Joshua could beat Usyk in a rematch and win the belts back. He needs to go away and really look at what went wrong in the first fight, but he did a good job of that after the Ruiz fight. Looked a different man in the second fight. 

If he goes away, then what happens if Fury/Wilder retire? That's the money fights. If he can get through Usyk, he can still have his money fight for the undisputed. 

I agree with you. 

Just that was the first decent argument I heard from anyone saying avoid the rematch. 

Mostly just been how he can't possibly win cus Usyk is a God etc

For somebody like AJ, where would the motivation be to continue fighting without the belts?

Would he sell out stadiums fighting the likes of Derick Chisora or a rematch with Joseph Parker without any belts up for grabs? He is already mega rich, I doubt money would the greatest motivation.

The goal of becoming undisputed heavyweight champion with all four belts is still achievable. If he ducks the rematch with Usyk, then that the opportunity to create that legacy may not come around again.

Same applies for Tyson Fury. The goal for Fury, AJ and Usyk must surely be to have all the belts. 

It would be different if they were welterweights as there are so many more goals at stake such as becoming a champion in different weight classes. At heavyweight, after becoming world champion, the only goal left is to become undisputed.

Edited by Bris Vegas

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If I was in Manchester I'd be watching this off the back of a night out (like I did the last time they fought, minus the falling asleep just before it started part).

I'm in Burton though so it's a night in with a poo load of Monster energies.

I've just got back from Popworld (I know, blame my mates) and there's 0 chance I'm staying up to watch the fight 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Anyone seen the David Haye interview? The guy says he knows from reliable, trustworthy people how Deontay Wilder was injured for the last fight and couldn’t throw the right hand, suggesting that is why Fury knew he could walk right to the center of the ring and stuck it on him.

I see it as excuse number 53.

David Haye is full of poo and is desperate for a payday fight vs Fury that will never happen. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Anyone seen the David Haye interview? The guy says he knows from reliable, trustworthy people how Deontay Wilder was injured for the last fight and couldn’t throw the right hand, suggesting that is why Fury knew he could walk right to the center of the ring and stuck it on him.

I see it as excuse number 53.

Yeah. Horribly cringey interview. 

I think a desperate attempt to draw Fury into giving Haye a payday?

Haye was a cheerleader in fight 2 when Fury was man handling him. And Wilder did throw bombs in the first couple of rounds until he got wrecked