Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Bet Wilder has been skipping leg days ?

I guess they're trying to counter Fury's bulk in the clinch, but Fury is a top quality technician, not a one trick pony. I think he'll be on his toes early doors and will look to drag Wilder into deep water, there to drown him like an unlucky kitten.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

34 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bet Wilder has been skipping leg days ?

I guess they're trying to counter Fury's bulk in the clinch, but Fury is a top quality technician, not a one trick pony. I think he'll be on his toes early doors and will look to drag Wilder into deep water, there to drown him like an unlucky kitten.

Yeah, the idea that just putting on bulk is going to make Wilder more competitive in the clinches is amusing. Fury has won clinches with much bigger, stronger guys than Wilder. He'd have done better learning how to box...

54 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, the idea that just putting on bulk is going to make Wilder more competitive in the clinches is amusing. Fury has won clinches with much bigger, stronger guys than Wilder. He'd have done better learning how to box...

Its incase he needs to bench press fury at anytime during the fight ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Who is staying up to watch it? GFs treating her mum to a spa weekend bday thingy so I'm off to a pal's for the night. Quite looking forward to it tbh. I fancy Fury for a comfortable win but I'm on a losing streak right now with my boxing bets so who knows?

I'm really interested to see what Wilder does for his walk in after last time, after all the costume cost him the fight before! 

Fury has beaten him already, he beats him physically, verbally and mentally.

Wilder should’ve took the beating last time with more grace and not insisted on this fight. 

Tyson Fury knows he has to spark him out otherwise he’s exposed to the dubious judging system in the USA. It’s gonna be done and dusted inside 7 rounds and TF is gonna play with him like a cat with an injured mouse.

GO ON TYSON!! SMASH THE DOSSER ?????

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Fury has beaten him already, he beats him physically, verbally and mentally.

Wilder should’ve took the beating last time with more grace and not insisted on this fight. 

Tyson Fury knows he has to spark him out otherwise he’s exposed to the dubious judging system in the USA. It’s gonna be done and dusted inside 7 rounds and TF is gonna play with him like a cat with an injured mouse.

GO ON TYSON!! SMASH THE DOSSER ?????

Deontay Wilder's cashing in. Deep down he probably knows he can't win this fight, and having all the belts in the UK (or Europe now) leaves him in a spot where he has nowhere to go.

One last pay packet for him.

Without a belt and with a reluctance to come to the UK, Wilder has nothing going for him.

I think he will also struggle to find fights without a belt on the line. He might be a poor technical boxer, but he has that incredible knockout power. Why would somebody like Joseph Parker, Dillian Whyte, Joe Joyce, Dereck Chisora or anyone of that ilk want to fight him? Risk outweighs reward without any belts on the line.

Edited by Bris Vegas