Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ready to stay up until 4am to watch Wilder get a lucky punch and ruin British boxing in the space of 2 weeks. 

I got a bad feeling. 

I know Tyson will have beat him in over 20 rounds by the end of this fight. But I just have a sickening feeling that it's going to go wrong.

Yeah i know what you mean! 3rd time lucky for wilder maybe, hes so dangerous! Depends which fury turns up, hes got to be switched on for the whole fight! 

Enjoying the build up though lol!

Edited by De22Ram

Me too! 

Wilder really is a stupid guy. 

He doesn't want to listen or speak to Fury. Ends up getting in a losing argument

Tyson said "if I cheated then why you change your trainer but keep Diaz who must have been in on it?"

Wilder said "that's easy to answer. Why did you change your team after the first fight?

Wilder wisdom doesn't stop there. 

"My legacy only dies if I quit. My legacy dies if I die"

"I have nothing to prove. Saturday night is about retribution and redemption"

Then waffling on about his brotherhood etc. If this guy punched like AJ or Whyte or any other heavyweight then this fight would be so easy for Fury. It's only because of the ridiculous one punch power that I'm nervous. The guy is deluded and clueless. Not to mention classless 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ready to stay up until 4am to watch Wilder get a lucky punch and ruin British boxing in the space of 2 weeks. 

I got a bad feeling. 

I know Tyson will have beat him in over 20 rounds by the end of this fight. But I just have a sickening feeling that it's going to go wrong.

I feel confident Fury has Wilder's number now. If Fury does what he did in the last fight and takes the initiative, leans on Wilder in the clinches and doesn't let him settle his feet to throw that lucky bomb it should be another comprehensive victory. I can't believe Wilder would have developed an answer for that strategy. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I feel confident Fury has Wilder's number now. If Fury does what he did in the last fight and takes the initiative, leans on Wilder in the clinches and doesn't let him settle his feet to throw that lucky bomb it should be another comprehensive victory. I can't believe Wilder would have developed an answer for that strategy. 

Everything points to an easy Fury win. He's just too good. 

But it's like when Derby have a big game v Reading and they only need a draw to make the play offs. Surely not. Surely. Sure...ly.... no......

Imagine going 20-30 rounds with Wilder without him nailing you full with that rocket. And if he wins it will be unbearable. The idiot

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't understand Wilder's thinking in being career heaviest. 

I don't see what he gains. 

One ?house teaching another ?house how to box! ?

I dont know, he might try to tie him up more! I heard an interview on the 5live podcast and that scott talks sense but its like they say on the podcast, when Wilders in the ring, in the fight will he revert to same old wilder? Probably!

I cant see how Wilder can do anything that beats him unless like you say he lands that big right hand!

Edited by De22Ram

4 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

One ?house teaching another ?house how to box! ?

I dont know, he might try to tie him up more! I heard an interview on the 5live podcast and that scott talks sense but its like they say on the podcast, when Wilders in the ring, in the fight will he revert to same old wilder? Probably!

I cant see how Wilder can do anything that beats him unless like you say he lands that big right hand!

I watched the Malik Scott v Wilder fight again today. Oh dear.. ? But I agree that he sounds like he's given this fight a lot of thought. 

But i think Scott underestimates Fury. Thinking that Wilder can use that extra weight in the clinches? This is Tyson Fury. A man who can wrestle Klitschko and Chisora. A horrible genius at spoiling fights.

Wilder is not the guy to wrestle Fury. Wilder has those bambi legs and they're going to negate any weight he's gained. I've never thought Wilder looks strong in that way. 

Is it just a case of Scott coming in and hearing Wilder say that he felt weak and so he bulks him up. Basically just a yes man that has reinforced Wilders self belief and offered a fake solution to a pretend reason he felt weak in fight 2. 

Fury is going to make Wilder feel every extra ounce in that ring. 

Just pray Wilder misses that fast detonating right hand. ? 

Yeah im praying he doesnt land that right hand too! 

Think itll be the first 3 or 4 rounds that are going to real dangerous for fury! If he can dodge that right hand then with the extra weight wilder should gas out and it will be a brutal fury win! The right hand will always be a danger though! Although now ive said that tyson will lay him out in the 2nd lol! Predicting heavyweight fights is pointless! Im looking forward to this one though! 

Yeh i reckon Scotts probably a yes man! Apparently wilder spoke to him on the night of the last fight and asked him to train him! 

I heard scott talking about wilder taking his time when he hurts his opponent, which makes sense! Rather than going mad and looking like a mad bambi trying to throw a knockout punch to just take his time and be calm and calculated, which is good advice for wilder! Wilder mentioned it in the weigh in about calm in the storm etc, so hes taken it onboard! Whether or not that happens, will see! I reckon its too short a time to change wilder!

Im buzzing for this one, i really hope fury can do this! If the 2nd fight, after one training camp with sugar, is anything to go on, over a year training with him now, could fingers crossed be a master class by fury!

On 07/10/2021 at 13:10, Alpha said:

Wilder really is a stupid guy. 

Pre-fight press conferences are usually a total waste of time but the last ten minutes of this one were totally worth watching. Can't blame Arum for cancelling the face off, Wilder got whupped there though was actually so stupid it likely took him a coupe of minutes to realise.

Like you say, Fury just needs to not walk onto one. I personally think his footwork is too good for Wilder, I look back to the Luis Ortiz fight and even he could get around Wilder (till he got tagged, I admit). Fury by TKO - round 9.