Derby County v Charlton Athletic

AmericanRam

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlton are coming on the back of two 3 - 0  wins ...  Brentford ( h )   Wigan ( a )   ....    but if we play to the best of our ability , dont give sloppy goals away  ....   we should stop there run.....    plus we owe them 1  for being first team o beat us this season  ....   remember Bob Peters ( manager at the time )   celebrating as though theyd won the league that night   after there 3 - 2  win  ...

I think we will see Mascarell, Shotton and Lingard start tonight. I think Albentosa might be one game away, and possibly because Bucko scored twice on Saturday.  I think it might be another roller coaster game this one, but I don't care if it is 1 nil or 7-6 if we get another 3 points under the belt. If we can get 10 from the next 12 it will be significant - 3 of those should be ours tonight. 

Big question is can we now handle the pressure at the top? So far every time we have been in this position we have bottled it big time. Let's hope the lads can finally push on and take another big 3 points tonight, we need to make the most of these home games! COYR

I think we will see Mascarell, Shotton and Lingard start tonight. I think Albentosa might be one game away, and possibly because Bucko scored twice on Saturday.  I think it might be another roller coaster game this one, but I don't care if it is 1 nil or 7-6 if we get another 3 points under the belt. If we can get 10 from the next 12 it will be significant - 3 of those should be ours tonight. 

Got a bad feeling about this one, they've just won two on the bounce 3-0, albeit against Brentford (who were surrounded by speculation over their manager's future at the time) and Wigan (who couldn't buy a win with all of King Midas' silver).

That will have given them a boost though, and we are top of the league again, which we haven't handled well before.

If Christie plays, I think it will be a disappointing 2-2. If he doesn't I think we'll just get the win we need 2-1.

​Don't think so I-Ram. I heard Owen B on Radio Derby yesterday say that the GT Sub was purely tactical, not due to him tiring or resting him. Thorne should start tomorrow. You're prob right on Shots and Lingard. They seem dead certs to me, and Bryson has a shot too.

​Scapegoating? The guy is a total liability. Keogh and Buxton may have made a few errors lately but they aren't helped when Christie's leaving acres of space on the opposition left and is totally incapable of pressing. Shotton took his time to grow into the role but is more composed and it tells when 9 of our 14 clean sheets have been when Shotton's playing (I know that he was at CB for a few of those). He's worth sacrificing the attacking support for when we're leaking goals like we are at the minute.

Sorry but he isn't good enough to get us where we want to be. Shotton should be played so that he's fit for purpose when we need him against sides like Norwich and Boro.

​If I said that Christie was at fault for the goals on Saturday or the queue at the bar then I'd be scapegoating, on that occasion it was Bucko and Hendrick. Can you honestly say he had a good game? I just don't think he's good enough defensively to do a job at this level. It just seems a bit of a co-incidence that we've been leaking goals with him back in the side, whether he is directly to blame or not.

If you're going to talk about unfair scapegoats, was chatting to someone at HT and he was slating Dawkins, I thought he played quite well on Saturday.

My lineup:

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson, Ince, Lingard, Bent

Bench:

Roos, Christie, Warnock/Albentosa, Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Dawkins

Give Cyrus a rest, he's desperate for one, Thorne shouldn't play two in such quick succession, Bryson looked good when coming on in the last few games, not been too impressed with Dawkins/Ward recently, Lingard warrants a start

Archived