Derby County v Charlton Athletic

AmericanRam

Tuesday 24th February

iPro Stadium

7:45 P.M. KO

Great job today by the Rams in coming from behind and getting 3 points.

Same starting xi? Will JR feature?

2 points clear at top of the table,now is time to seal our place in top two.Let's go on a run.

Yee-Ha Rams! Let's saddle up and take care of business in this one.

COYR!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yee-haw! Lots of selection dilemmas, which will only increase in the coming weeks (a nice problem to have as long as we maintain the squad spirit - which seems excellent right now).

Simmo talked up Kelle Roos the other week, saying he was "giving the manager a lot to think about". Grant has cost us goals with poor errors in the last two games. We don't like to change too much, so I think Grant will just keep his place in this one, but he has to up his game or he's out for the weekend.

The changes I would make are:

Shotton for Christie (Christie looks as if he needs a rest)

Mascarell for Thorne (I've bust my cruciates more than once. As Thorne eases his way back in, I don't want him playing 2 games so quickly)

Lingard for Dawkins (Lingard looks great when he comes on.Give him the starting berth)

Now the dilemmas for the bench. If Russell is fit enough, Thomas drops out and he takes his place.

There's only room for one defender, so it's a choice of Christie, Warnock, Albentosa. Tricky. If resting Christie, I might say Warnock because then we have the flexibility of moving Fozzy inside if we're replacing a centreback.

The others are: Roos, Thorne, Bryson, Ward, Dawkins

Our squad has become so strong, which is a real testimony to the direction the club is heading. The management really have to earn their corn though. But how brilliantly they've planned for and coped with the recent injury to Chris Martin. It would have been unthinkable a few weeks ago to suggest a fit Martin might not walk straight back into the team, but we're moving on quickly.

We'll get smashed 0-3. The back 5 are rubbish. If Omar starts that's another one. Hendrick has dodgy moments so that's 7 players you can't rely on. Then if donkey Dawkins starts...

my team

Mitchell

Shotton, Whitbread,Albentosa, Naylor

Thorne,Guy,Hughes

Ince,Bent,Lingard

McClaren won't do that. He'll more or less keep the same struggling team and we'll be 2-0 at HT

Team....

....................butland

christie...keogh...buxton...forsyth

..................mascarell

............hughes.....bryson

ince.............bent.........lingard

Archived