Simon Dawkins

YorkshireRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​A player's form isn't solely dependent on how fans treat him. Fans will always groan when a player is not playing well, it's up to the player to dust himself off and go again.

I do hope Dawkins can find some form again but if Lingard and Ince continue in their current veins of form, it's hard to see Dawkins getting a game.

​We won't change our style away from home, but the opposition will. They are not top of the league. Most teams would take a point from the iPro and be over the moon with it, but at their own grounds they will have a go at us, they will have more possession, and we will spend more spells of the game under pressure than we do at home. 

Ince or Dawkins is an odd example to give, given that they seem to come as a package. One to retain the ball, one to be more direct. That has a balance to it. Two Inces and the defence may struggle to find an outlet. Two Dawkins and there is very little attacking threat. 

At the moment it is Ward/Lindgard or Dawkins. Away from home I would pick Dawkins, and at home I would pick Lindgard. 

I fail to see where Ward fits in at the minute. 

I get so bored with these discussions sometimes. It's fine discussing players and talk about performances and pros and cons and all those sorts of things where we've all got a right to an opinion. I just don't get why we all "need to move on" from Jake Buxton. Wtf? Okay, so we all accept Jake Buxton unanimously for what he is - a slow, ponderous lower-league thug who holds back the way we play (that's right, isn't it?). Then what? What does that actually achieve? Will that get him dropped? Will that cause this idiotic management team to FINALLY notice what is clear as day to some members on here?

One of my favourite posts in a long time is this one from @Alpha Signia in the Charlton match-day thread.

We'll get smashed 0-3. The back 5 are rubbish. If Omar starts that's another one. Hendrick has dodgy moments so that's 7 players you can't rely on. Then if donkey Dawkins starts...

my team

Mitchell

Shotton, Whitbread,Albentosa, Naylor

Thorne,Guy,Hughes

Ince,Bent,Lingard

McClaren won't do that. He'll more or less keep the same struggling team and we'll be 2-0 at HT

I get so bored with these discussions sometimes. It's fine discussing players and talk about performances and pros and cons and all those sorts of things where we've all got a right to an opinion. I just don't get why we all "need to move on" from Jake Buxton. Wtf? Okay, so we all accept Jake Buxton unanimously for what he is - a slow, ponderous lower-league thug who holds back the way we play (that's right, isn't it?). Then what? What does that actually achieve? Will that get him dropped? Will that cause this idiotic management team to FINALLY notice what is clear as day to some members on here?

One of my favourite posts in a long time is this one from @Alpha Signia in the Charlton match-day thread.

​Can't really sum it up much better than that. Isn't it incredible how we're top of the league despite our management team deliberately choosing weak sides based on sentimentality?

We're all allowed our favourite players and we don't have to like them all. But when we're top of the league and posters are suggesting it would be better if we all disliked some players, or finally accepted they were rubbish as a collective, it's obvious that things are going too far. What would that achieve? What would it prove? 

It's like some people would rather be proved right than letting everyone just enjoy us having a bloody fantastic season.

Dawkins does a job, but I don't think he'll get many chances once Russell's fit. 

I do find it odd how he never seems to last more than 60/65 mins if he starts before he's subbed - can't remember the last time he lasted anywhere near a full match. 

a bit off subject, but once Russell's fit, assuming him and Ince start, which two out of Lingard, dawkins and Ward do we put on the bench? I can't remember Mac having three wide players on the bench before, so I'd guess one of them will be missing out and that's a toss up between Ward and Dawkins for me. I'd probably leave Ward out...

Archived