Barker is back

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread is called "Barkers Back"

But after reading the last 2 pages, I genuinely thought I had clicked a couple wrong pages and ended up on the Derby vs Bournemouth thread.

I'm really happy for Barker. The joy he must be feeling just to be competing at any level (reserves or u21) will be crazy.

Would love to see him back in the first team one day. That's the only time we would see Keogh not start a game.

Bravo. And he purposely wore the same boots he wore when he got hurt, according to his Mrs.

Did Frank Fielding pick out the chunks of knee in the bottom before he returned them? I'd have thought since Fielding made such an effort to take the boots, he'd want to keep them.

(Joking of course, he did what any GK would have done trying to get that ball. I do sometimes wonder what effect the whole thing had on Fielding)

Collymore shook Yorke's hand if I remember rightly.

Surely a fellow pro would never do such a thing , they high fived actually !! My blood still boils thinking about it , would never tire punching Yorke in his horrible goofy face :(

I don't think he's back yet .

He has massive strides to make seeing him yesterday and not sure what level he will play at again to be totally honest.

Even then I think Keogh is probably the better CB .

Not sure Barker could get back to the level of Keogh or Buxton ever again !

Just an opinion so tin hat on as I don't want to seem in anyway detracting from the guys efforts to get back playing.

Hope I'm totally wrong though because he's made a massive effort in adversity and is a really nice guy and deserves everything he achieves.

It is absoulutly incredible that Mr Barker has come through 45 minutes of an U21 game. After 3 years of a very serious injury, he must have had some very dark days. Just imagine the joy he felt stepping onto that pitch at Moor Farm yesterday.

I for one really hopes he gets back into the first team fold. 

I don't think he's back yet .

He has massive strides to make seeing him yesterday and not sure what level he will play at again to be totally honest.

Even then I think Keogh is probably the better CB .

Not sure Barker could get back to the level of Keogh or Buxton ever again !

Just an opinion so tin hat on as I don't want to seem in anyway detracting from the guys efforts to get back playing.

Hope I'm totally wrong though.

Of course he is not yet back. But to get 45 minutes even in kids game is massive, massive step ahead. Three years is long time to be out!

Interesting to see what happens during the summer. Will he be given opportunity to earn maybe 1-year contract?

Of course he is not yet back. But to get 45 minutes even in kids game is massive, massive step ahead. Three years is long time to be out!

Interesting to see what happens during the summer. Will he be given opportunity to earn maybe 1-year contract?

Glad you realised my post was nothing more than trying to be honest.

It was remarkable to see Barker out there playing yesterday and he was jumping and heading the ball and doing most things.

Good luck to the lad.

Just made me realise how good Keogh and Buxton have become though in the Championship week in week out.

Personally at his peak for Derby I'd put Barker streets ahead of either the current centre backs. Keogh is 'Barker-lite' at best. Barker was miles ahead of Buxton in every aspect of the game.

Barker's leadership of the back four, his timing in the jump, and his bravery were all of the highest quality.

What I wouldn't give to have him back in the mix.

Well done Shaun. May your recovery continue. One day at a time.

Archived