It's been a long road

Getting from there to here

It's been a long road

But Barks' time is finally near

And I can see his dreams come alive tonight

He can touch the sky

And they're not going to hold him down no more

No they're not going to hold him down

And so on... I am so pleased for the guy and hope he plays a blinder.

Reminds me of the Dean Yates situation in the 90s. Two major knee ops in succession. But came back to be a pivotal part of promotion and staying in the premier league.

Hope it's the same outcome again

Minus the career ending tackle Yates suffered in the Prem at hands off Dwight Yorke ........... :-)

Reminds me of the Dean Yates situation in the 90s. Two major knee ops in succession. But came back to be a pivotal part of promotion and staying in the premier league.

Hope it's the same outcome again

TBF Barker's injury was as nasty as can.

But 20 years earlier just torn ACL could end you entire career. So major op then has become routine nowadays!

Played 45 minutes today. I know everyone has said it but to have such incredible determination to come back to the game is unheard of nowadays. The thought of him lifting the Championship trophy at the end of the season will be just the perfect end after that horrible injury. Whether he's the same player or not, he surely has to go down as a Rams legend.

Give over . You're talking about a defence that had let 3 goals in in 9 matches. Have you forgotten how many games Barker's Derby lost. Albentosa suffered plenty of defeats in Spain.

Leave it.

The myopic beam-back half fans have spoken.

TBF Barker's injury was as nasty as can.

But 20 years earlier just torn ACL could end you entire career. So major op then has become routine nowadays!

30 years ago, Barker's injury wouldn't have just been a career-ender - it might well have led to an amputation.

Archived