Barker is back

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give over . You're talking about a defence that had let 3 goals in in 9 matches. Have you forgotten how many games Barker's Derby lost. Albentosa suffered plenty of defeats in Spain.

Barker played in a much worse Derby team overall than Keogh or Buxton. Yes Albentosa suffered plenty of defeats in Spain, Keogh also suffered plenty of defeats at Coventry. What's your point?

No team has ever gone through a game without somebody making a mistake. The reason games don't finish 18-17 is that mistakes follow mistakes. Even Will Hughes made a couple of errors yesterday that could have been calamitous - IF the opposition had been able to fully capitalise on them.

That's why singling out players and castigating them for each and every mistake, whilst ignoring the mistakes of others, can be unfair. A goalkeeper makes a mistake and it usually costs you a goal. A defender makes a mistake and it often does. A midfielder does and it sometimes does, a striker makes a mistake and it seldom does. Players can and do get each other out of jail.

perfectly put.

All the vitriol on our CB's probably comes from the keyboards of wannabe CF's!!!

The further back down the pitch you go, generally the more costly the mistake.

How many potential goals have we not scored by Ward lashing in 35 yd shots for no apparent reason??

Being a defender is like being a housewife.......

hardest job in the world!!!

No team has ever gone through a game without somebody making a mistake. The reason games don't finish 18-17 is that mistakes follow mistakes. Even Will Hughes made a couple of errors yesterday that could have been calamitous - IF the opposition had been able to fully capitalise on them.

Will's error was worst pass I have ever seen him play to Keogh......who did well to get something on the ball whilst avoiding a red for chopping Wilson down.....who managed to race away. Will to his eternal credit sprinted back and some how we survived.

Also, one error often leads to another .....we played so well yet Grant's aberration knocked wind out of our sails, Will showing that poor pass to Keogh and subsequent Bucko error for their second. ( I admired how well Bucko got through the second half, a big test as another goal and we were fine for ...instead they were kept quiet in the second half )

I don't like to single out Bucko......just seems needed to give balance to the Keogh haters. Being close to pitch and hearing everything Simmo said and players to each other you get to see the players work as a team and whilst Keough can and should berate errors nothing lingers and Bucko never needed a talking to ...he manfully sorted himself out for a great second half.

Anyway, I was chuffed Keogh came over to home main stand to give my daughter an autograph after pre game warm up

Barker is back, woahhhh woahhhhh

Good for him. When he's finished with your lot he can take a long shower to wash off the derby stink and come watch us

Really?

Watch the club whose fans chanted "Let him die"?

Archived