The wonders of Ramsplayer

Rampage

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take that as a no then?

You get RD commentary from 2pm, short highlights video around 3 minutes at around the same time they're shown on the tv in the evening, an extended highlights video on the Sunday around 10/12 minutes long and finally the full match on the Monday or occasionally Tuesday afterwards. Then the usual pre match and post match interviews around 4/5 minutes each and anything else they might decide to throw up during the week. As has already been said a very nice feature is that you can log into any other clubs player website if you fancy for instance listening/watching videos about Burton, Chesterfield or whoever you fancy.

I've been using it for about 8 years now - it's gotten significantly better in the last 4 or 5. It used to use some strange windows audio format which would only work on about 1 in 5 computers. The new flash player is great.

I'd pay probably 5x what I currently pay though for video streaming live games.

Living out the country, RamsPlayer is a godsend for live commentary on match days and something l can no longer live without.

Quality isn't always great though and can drop in and out where a refresh is needed.

I did threaten to end my subscription a few years ago (l was bluffing) and they gave me free access for 6 months!

I had problems with it last night, logged on using desktop pc to listen to the match and it played about 5 seconds of radio before cutting out. After loging out and back in etc it was still playing up so I decided to use laptop instead.

When I tried to log in it blocked me saying I had exceeded my login limit. By now it was well into the match and I was fuming so I messaged them probably the most abusive message I've ever sent anyone.

In fairness they replied within 5 minutes saying its to stop people giving out password but they cancelled the block on my account this time. I finally got to listen to the second half.

I have a subscription but its always 2/3 minutes behind & sometimes just cuts off so you have to close down the app & reload it all up / sign back in missing 5 minutes of the game piss poor really for a paid for premium subscription

It still does that?

Reason I stopped paying for it, got to my nerves too much.

Archived