The wonders of Ramsplayer

Rampage

I recently had a Ramsplayer six month subscription bought for me by my son. Well worth it. FIVE years of match highlights in the archives, All the latest interviews and full match audio commentary on games that were shown live. Still getting the best out of it. I was slow to get this but it will be staying with it. About

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The streaming quality is appalling seeing as it's a paid service. Youtube now has HD streaming on a modest connection and has done for a while, all for free. Even with a fast connection I find ramsplayer unstable and unreliable. The idea of watching the full 90 for each match is a nice one in theory but when the presentation is this bad it's jarring. Additionally the match commentary is often quite a way behind radio when it needn't be more than a couple of seconds. Desperately needs more investment because there's no doubt that there's an audience for it.

I subscribe as I'm out of the catchment area for Radio Derby. I think I'll always have it now as I never known where I'm going to be when a match is being played so having commentary at hand is well..handy. Agreed the full match videos are poor quality. The interviews are fine and are much better quality on YouTube. Maybe its the actual system that needs a upgrade to be able to handle the high definition picture and not the camera equipment. The quality of image between the same highlights video on YouTube and RamsPlayer is huge, the same video and totally different quality. Obviously its the system that isn't up to it, but then I guess Derby aren't responsible for that and its the company that does all the football league websites that is.

I subscribe as I'm out of the catchment area for Radio Derby. I think I'll always have it now as I never known where I'm going to be when a match is being played so having commentary at hand is well..handy. Agreed the full match videos are poor quality. The interviews are fine and are much better quality on YouTube. Maybe its the actual system that needs a upgrade to be able to handle the high definition picture and not the camera equipment. The quality of image between the same highlights video on YouTube and RamsPlayer is huge, the same video and totally different quality. Obviously its the system that isn't up to it, but then I guess Derby aren't responsible for that and its the company that does all the football league websites that is.

It's a combination of the website builders, and the Football League controlling the source material. It seems horribly compressed, as even the Sky games footage looks p*ss poor on RamsPlayer, but good on youtube.

We're doing our best within the parameters set, imo.

If we had / were allowed an in-house set up then I'm sure the whole thing would be very much more polished - although the complaints about the wearederby website and ticketing system possibly contradicts me.

No it doesn't

Why don't we play Duracell up front (see his icon) We could play 442 but only have to use use one guy, so we could put another man in midfield. Also he would last longer before needing to be substituted as he is a Duracell, you know like the rabbits on TV.

Actually, the hi-res is worse than the low res on my computer. The lines on the pitch are not continuous in hi-res so you have to fill them in in your head. In hi-res it is therefore possible for the ball to cross the line where there is no line. Is it really a goal in hi-res?  Do FIFA know about this?.

I spoke with somebody at Derby County a while ago now about the quality of RamsPlayer being so poor for a video subscription service and it is, unfortunately, out of their hands.

The 'Player' system is run by a company called 'Perform' and has a contract with the FLI and its football clubs (Excluding Leeds). Derby have introduced the use of Youtube to give access to better quality video since then, but obviously less than is available through the RamsPlayer subscription.

Disappointingly, I thought promotion would see us free from the Football league contract and hopefully see the introduction of a better quality system but the current Premier league teams that were in the football league, such as Leicester and Stoke, still have the 'Player' media platform.

If you don't mind the poor video quality, and I have become accustomed to it in the five or so years I

Archived