Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

From the last 10 league games Boro are top on form, Bournemouth 2nd and us 3rd... (source, BBC)

Derby have won 7 games lost 2 and drawn 1 out of last 10. Won 6 out of last 7. Whichever way you look t it that's cracking form, 23 points from 10 games, 18 out of last possible 21 points. If there's 2 other teams with better form over 10 games something has to give.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it should be a good game ,personally nothing against Bournmouth or their supporters ,they have done well to be at the top and stay their, we had are chances on more than one occasion to lead the division and possibly create a gap between ourselves and the likes of middlesborough and  bournmouth, 3 points lost against forest ,loss of points against Norwich ,losing to Brentford ,all games we were winning. So we are where we are 2nd, and its all tight at the top. But with new signings hopefully of quality and experience we should be stronger than  any other rivals with good competition for places and options to dictate games against any championship side. Theirs still plenty of games before any one is crowned champions, i would consider us to be the best team in the division and hopefully that will be proved when we finish top.  I don't care who comes up with us that will be their problem as neither Ipswich ,Middlesborough ,or Bournmouth will make the transition lightly.and probably struggle as we did last time around and as are last years promoted teams .I  think Derby have got the organisation off the pitch to ensure we go up for a reason rather than be their for a season

Derby have won 7 games lost 2 and drawn 1 out of last 10. Won 6 out of last 7. Whichever way you look t it that's cracking form, 23 points from 10 games, 18 out of last possible 21 points. If there's 2 other teams with better form over 10 games something has to give.

It is cracking form... But it's currently (over 10 games) the 3rd best form in the league... If things went the same way over the rest of the season we'd finish a miserable 3rd... ie, the thing that will give is our place in the autos...

Just think we need to not be quoting form as a barometer for future success

It is cracking form... But it's currently (over 10 games) the 3rd best form in the league... If things went the same way over the rest of the season we'd finish a miserable 3rd... ie, the thing that will give is our place in the autos...

Just think we need to not be quoting form as a barometer for future success

23 points from 10 games means 107 points over a season. If that gives us a miserable third I will run naked into and outa the intu.

Bournemouth are very clinical at home so we need to ensure we are at it 100% - if we have the slightest off day we will get nothing from the game, if we play to our best we can win the game without question...neither side will be lacking in confidence, personally I obviously think we have the better team but please not an off day..

23 points from 10 games means 107 points over a season. If that gives us a miserable third I will run naked into and outa the intu.

Maybe so... but your premise is wrong... from the last 10 games the following points have been gained:

B'mouth: 24

Derby: 22

Boro: 23

So we're currently 3rd on form basis... But we're ALL in better form than we have been the season as a whole (22 from 10 is PPG of 2.2 where 57 from 29 is PPG of 1.96)

SO this means IF we're judging progress for the rest of the season on form... we will finish as:

B'mouth: 98

Derby: 95

Boro: 95

HOWEVER I don't think we will all maintain the same form for the rest of the season... I think we'll do better than they do for the rest of the season...

Just pointing out that we shouldn't be celebrating our form just yet...

Bournemouth are very clinical at home so we need to ensure we are at it 100% - if we have the slightest off day we will get nothing from the game, if we play to our best we can win the game without question...neither side will be lacking in confidence, personally I obviously think we have the better team but please not an off day..

We'll sh@t on them.

Compared to most fans at the top they seem pretty level headed (remember the Boro fans.....) - probably comes with them being one of the smaller sides in the league. Regardless, their squad is fantastic, and it will be our toughest game of the season IMO

Yes most of us are level headed, I guess having come from a low base on starting with -17 pts in the 4th division just a few seasons ago, after administration, we have kept our feet on the ground. Although, I agree, our squad is fantastic, success has come fast and our ground and fanbase is miles behind clubs like Derby. Derby are set up for a return to top flight football, for us it could be scary in terms of have we the infrastructure etc. to manage being in the top flight for the first time in our history. Lets hope for a cracking game tonight and thanks for having me on your forum without looking down on us with contempt like some fans of so called big championship clubs.

Yes most of us are level headed, I guess having come from a low base on starting with -17 pts in the 4th division just a few seasons ago, after administration, we have kept our feet on the ground. Although, I agree, our squad is fantastic, success has come fast and our ground and fanbase is miles behind clubs like Derby. Derby are set up for a return to top flight football, for us it could be scary in terms of have we the infrastructure etc. to manage being in the top flight for the first time in our history. Lets hope for a cracking game tonight and thanks for having me on your forum without looking down on us with contempt like some fans of so called big championship clubs.

No contempt from me to the Cherries. You are where you are on merit and putting 8 past an opponent away from home, no matter if they were a bit rubbish on the day, is some performance.

Should be a cracking game and atmosphere tonight. And I'm looking forward to my foot long wiener in a baguette. Makes a change from pies.

You are making stats fit your point , but as I stated before , taken over the last SIX games ( as per Statto ) we are top won 5 lost 1,

Boro won4 drawn 2 ,B/mouth won4 lost 2.

This is more current form ,and taken over a season we would win , Boro second , and B/mouth third .

Stats aye .

I'd love to see the both of us up there.. although I do worry, as you say, for the infrastructure - I said the same for Brentford when discussing their chances of promotion. The temptation would be to expand too much too soon. You'd have no problem attracting the players, who wouldn't want to play in the Premier League? But I'd hate to see you be in a similar situation to Blackburn/Wigan/Leeds where you come back down and then can't get anywhere near full crowds.  No contempt for Bournemouth, the football you play deserves to be challenging for the title.

Rediculous. You only have to mention Keogh and you get a 'there's a thread for that' or I saw George Thorne helping an old lady across the road the other day 'there is a thread for that'. We need to tighten up folks. It's slipping.

Yeh, it's mad that we're discussing Bournemouth in a thread about Bournemouth isn't it?

Archived