Who wanted to keep Best and didn't want Bent.

Curtains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who says Best was a bad signing? He may have been a vital part in motivating Chris Martin to perform and ultimately keep his place.

Apparently any player who is signed as backup is crap if they don't do wondrous things in cameo appearances. I am sure if Albentosa doesn't start in the next few games people will wonder why we signed him...same for Warnock...

I wanted to keep Best and didnt want us to sign Bent.

reasons...

Money, Bents salary must be increidble and i didnt want it to pray on the others minds, the team spirit is the best thing about the squad i reckon....

Bent wont put up with sitting on the bench....he made that clear at a much bigger club than us in the Premiershite.

but lastly and most importantly, i had a bet with my 13 year old son at the start of the season when i was still all peed off about the play off's that Martin wouldn't get double figures and that Best would get more than him....... doh!

Erm... Not sure what your point is... Is Smacca generally doing a good job? Yes... Do I have faith in him? Yes...

Was the Best signing a mistake? With hindsight yes... But at the time I thought it was a shrewd signing for what was on the market...

However as soon as he knew Bent was available he ditched Best and signed Bent... 

Edit: Are you drunk maybe?

Erm... Not sure what your point is... Is Smacca generally doing a good job? Yes... Do I have faith in him? Yes...

Was the Best signing a mistake? With hindsight yes... But at the time I thought it was a shrewd signing for what was on the market...

However as soon as he knew Bent was available he ditched Best and signed Bent... 

Edit: Are you drunk maybe?

No not drunk .

who says Best was a bad signing? He may have been a vital part in motivating Chris Martin to perform and ultimately keep his place.

He was bad.

Baaaad.

Fkn useless....do do do do......fkn useless...

Do i get a point for not having wanted Best in the first place?

Yes

Steve thought he would be ok though.

Bent has been great so far though hasn't he.

Gives another dimension to our play.

Seem to remember using that word in that context before on here.

This is what I'm implying .

People come on this forum spouting stuff like we don't need

this we need that we don't need this player we need this one etc etc .

I think what we need is to let Steve McClaren decide what we need.

Close the forum. Job done.

Archived