Who wanted to keep Best and didn't want Bent.

Curtains

I haven't read the full thread yet, been out all day, opened it up and almost spat my coffee out when I saw the opening few posts.

'Kin ell I'm wrong a lot of the time, not hard to pull me up without this made up ******  :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the full thread yet, been out all day, opened it up and almost spat my coffee out when I saw the opening few posts.

'Kin ell I'm wrong a lot of the time, not hard to pull me up without this made up ******  :lol:

Sorry Daveo I'll take some time out.

They always used to say that Jimmy Greaves was the fastest player in the league - over 1 yard.

Was my hero as a kid ......before Kevin came along.

Zac now he was a brilliant Footballer.

Still see him jogging now and again.

I used to love watching Florian Albert play -great striker and graceful movement.A bit like Peter Osgood.Oops,I'm going off topic.

Admit go on admit it.

People who said he wouldn't get in team because of Martin and would be a waste of money.

Are you converted yet.

I dont remember anyone saying why don't we keep best? and how can bent be a waste of money when he cost no transfer fee?

I think some people may have said would bent come as a bench warmer. But he did ok off the bench on Tuesday didnt he?

I dont remember anyone saying why don't we keep best? and how can bent be a waste of money when he cost no transfer fee?

I think some people may have said would bent come as a bench warmer. But he did ok off the bench on Tuesday didnt he?

I think I need to move on M8 as I think you are probably right.

Just had the feeling that some wanted to wait for another striker and only bring one in when and if Martin got injured

My mistake and I shouldn't of called out Daveo to which I've apologised for .

Be interesting to see what would happen if he started coming off the bench on a regular basis to rescue a draw/snatch a win,because that would imply our starting formation was struggling.Would Mac then start him? I can see a line of logic that says that if you start him you lose the impact sub,but there again if he were to start,you mightn't need the impact sub.

But,of course,that's the kind of pressure Bent will be looking to apply.

I've already seen enough to work out that his movement is likely to be too good for defenders at this level,and could see him scoring loads.

I used to love watching Florian Albert play -great striker and graceful movement.A bit like Peter Osgood.Oops,I'm going off topic.

Didn't he play on in a World Cup match in 1966 after dislocating/breaking his arm (no subs in those days, of course)

Didn't he play on in a World Cup match in 1966 after dislocating/breaking his arm (no subs in those days, of course)

Vaguely remember that now.Definitely remember Farkas smashing in that high volley though.Every time anyone at school hit a volley,it was followed by "Farkas".

Vaguely remember that now.Definitely remember Farkas smashing in that high volley though.Every time anyone at school hit a volley,it was followed by "Farkas".

Thinking back, it may not have been Albert who was injured - it may have been a defender who they then stuck out on the wing. I have a feeling it was during the group win over Brazil, but of course it was a looooooong time ago.

If this thread was silly to begin with you guys have taken it to a new level.

Didn't know much about Best when he signed, looked like one of them who couldn't settle to me at the time. Didn't expect much.

Bent, wasn't convinced he was the right kind of personality or if he still had it in him. Happy to be proved wrong, hope that continues, hope his presence doesn't disrupt the balance of the squad (Martin in particular)

All in all let's just agree with whatever Steve does/says, he's infallible...

Thinking back, it may not have been Albert who was injured - it may have been a defender who they then stuck out on the wing. I have a feeling it was during the group win over Brazil, but of course it was a looooooong time ago.

Apparently he fractured his leg in a world cup qualifier in 69,and was never the same player again.His nickname was "The Emperor",so Hungary had the emperor,Germany had the kaiser,but there was  only ever one king.

Apparently he fractured his leg in a world cup qualifier in 69,and was never the same player again.His nickname was "The Emperor",so Hungary had the emperor,Germany had the kaiser,but there was  only ever one king.

I had a car sticker with 'King Charlie' on it - but I agree, there was only one, and that was Kevin.

Archived