Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bent plays it means that Blackburn's defence will need to drop deeper to prevent those balls getting behind them. To stop our midfield having too much space and time as a result of this they'll then bring their midfield back. So for me the key players will be Mascarell, Hughes and Hendrick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendrick get one from outside the box in this game.

Prediction 2:0

Grant

Shotton - Raul - Bucko - Warnock (Haunt his old club)

Omar

Hughes - Bryson

Ward                            Dawkins

Martin

Roos, Christie, Keogh, Bent, Hendrick. Bennett, Forsyth.

Grant

Shotton - Raul - Bucko - Warnock (Haunt his old club)

Omar

Hughes - Bryson

Ward                            Dawkins

Martin

Roos, Christie, Keogh, Bent, Hendrick. Bennett, Forsyth.

I would love to see that back four but think Schteve will play Christie,Keogh and Forsyth (Possibly Hendrick too)

Grant

Christie Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Omar

Hendrick Bryson

Hughes

Martin Bent

This is prob the strongest lineup we could field with JR. out. Mac won't do it in spite of his diamond love lately if but its a great idea to feature our strongest players right now

Not much pace is there .

Yep. With ibe gone and JR out we are really missing pace and danger. bryson needs to play as he's a danger player and creator.

The problem with a diamond using Masc, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick is it'll be too easy to play against.

Where are the ball carriers? You need players who can take risks and dribble with the ball, creating space and providing movement.

Without any wingers we're going to struggle. It'll be all sideways passing in midfield and nothing else.

Hence why I've often called for Dawkins at CM, and in a diamond he's a must as he can carry the ball.

You all remember when we played four CM's under Clough. It was so static, so one dimensional and so slow.

Grant

Forsyth

Bucko

Albentosa

Forsyth

Warnock CDM

Hughes

Bryson

Ward

Martin

Dawkins.

Needs to be an attacking lineup but some steel at CDM

I meant Christie as other fulback and not Fozzys identical right footed twin brother.

Grant

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Bryson Omar Hughes

Dawkins Martin Ward

I'd be surprised if the line-up was any different (I think we should have experimented with Warnock at DM v Chezza, just thinking how well Boertien played in that role when switched from LB back in the day!)

Perhaps 442 tomorrow if we are weak on the wings through injury:-

Grant

Shotton Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Warnock

Hendrick Mascarell Hughes

Martin Bent

Perhaps Christie rather than Shotton, and perhaps Mascarell CDM with Hughes in the middle and Dawkins left side if fit and ready.

Perhaps something else.

Perhaps.

I would stick with 4-3-3 for now. The lack of wingers is an issue though my lineup would be:

Grant

Shotton  Keogh  Buxton  Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes  Bryson

Christie     Martin     Ward

A stop gap for now but push Christie on to RW and bring Shotton in should nullify the whole left side of Blackburn where the likes of Olssen can cause you trouble. If it isnt working bring on Dawks and keep the shape or bring on Bent and switch to the diamond.

The problem with a diamond using Masc, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick is it'll be too easy to play against.

Where are the ball carriers? You need players who can take risks and dribble with the ball, creating space and providing movement.

Without any wingers we're going to struggle. It'll be all sideways passing in midfield and nothing else.

Hence why I've often called for Dawkins at CM, and in a diamond he's a must as he can carry the ball.

You all remember when we played four CM's under Clough. It was so static, so one dimensional and so slow.

Martin played the role surprisingly well. He was able to pick out Bent on a number of occasions, but against a better team I have to agree.

Dawkins would be able to play the head of the diamond well. 

I'm not a big advocate of the diamond but it's probably worth a go with the personnel available tonight.

Archived