Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be a tough game, but I would fancy us to score goals against Blackburn. Would I be right in saying that they haven't been as strong at the back as they were last year?

The 2-3 win at Ewood has been one of the most impressive results we've had this season, and if the 'tormentor in chiefs' of that night, i.e. Hughes, Ward and Martin can get on the ball then I would expect us to have too much for them again.

I don't think we're in as such bad form as many are making out. Yes the balance of the side has been hit by the loss of Eustace, Ibe and now Russel but lets not forget how different a local Derby match normally is in the context of a season. The Forest game under the circumstances may well prove to be the hardest match we'll have this year.

I for one never saw the 4-0 win coming in a million years after the shaky draw at home to Norwich, hopefully the team can raise a few eyebrows again.

3-1 Derby    

So now we're playing the 6ft4 centre back at defensive midfield?! What is wrong with everyone?

My Line up:

GK - Chris Martin

RB - Jeff Hendrick

CB - Jamie Ward

CB - Simon Dawkins

LB - Shaun Barker

DM - Darren Bent

CM - Mason Bennett

CM - Ivan Calero

RW - Jake Buxton

LW - Ryan Shotton

ST - Will Hughes

I have no doubts that 4-3-3 is our best system but with the personnel available tonight it looks weak.

I have no issues with Dawkins and Ward starting the game, both are good Championship players, but neither look 100% and both would need to last the 90 minutes. Unless we change up and switch to the diamond.

It's going to be an uneasy night, I reckon.

So now we're playing the 6ft4 centre back at defensive midfield?! What is wrong with everyone?

My Line up:

GK - Chris Martin

RB - Jeff Hendrick

CB - Jamie Ward

CB - Simon Dawkins

LB - Shaun Barker

DM - Darren Bent

CM - Mason Bennett

CM - Ivan Calero

RW - Jake Buxton

LW - Ryan Shotton

ST - Will Hughes

You on glue???

You honestly think Buxton is a better right winger than Albentosa???

Get a grip. Of the three RW of Keogh, Buxton and Albentosa there is only one winner.

My Line up:

GK - Chris Martin

RB - Jeff Hendrick

CB - Jamie Ward

CB - Simon Dawkins

LB - Shaun Barker

DM - Darren Bent

CM - Mason Bennett

CM - Ivan Calero

RW - Jake Buxton

LW - Ryan Shotton

ST - Will Hughes

Going to pissed off tonight if Buxton doesn't bomb down the right wing, cut back inside and unleash a thunderous drive into the top corner from his left peg.

I have no doubts that 4-3-3 is our best system but with the personnel available tonight it looks weak.

I have no issues with Dawkins and Ward starting the game, both are good Championship players, but neither look 100% and both would need to last the 90 minutes. Unless we change up and switch to the diamond.

It's going to be an uneasy night, I reckon.

Tonight both Dawkins and ward could be on fire.bothserved us well last season both are Good players. Bring it on!

Massive game tonight and hopefully the result of the u21s will inspire them and most of the grumps that turn up.

Think i'd go back to 451/433

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Bucko, Warnock, Omar, Bryson, Hughes, Ward, Martin, Dawkins.

Agree with the formation but don't think that forsyth will be replaced with Warnock.

so Baring injury or suspension I don't envisage Warnock starting until the reading cup game

Just noticed that Blackburn have NOT won an away game against a side in the top half of the table this season.

Played 6 W 0 D 2 L 4 .

Blackburn have only beaten 1 team above them in the table on current standings home and away. Bournemouth 3-2 home

Played 11 W -1 D - 4  L- 6  GF - 13   GA - 19

Archived