Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we're struggling at the moment, and at a simialr time to last season.

Fortunately last season, we managed to scrape three 1-0 wins on the bounce to keep us in contention. Hopefully, the same can be applied this time around.

Blackburn (H), Cardiff (A), Bolton (H) do not represent particularly tough matches. We should be aiming to win all three, and would have backed us to do it a few weeks ago.

Not sure now though.

Yeah we must be struggling and sitting in the top 2, so struggling hmmmm

Not sure I agree these aren't 'particularly tough'. Blackburn are playing well at the moment, Cardiff have dangerous forwards and Bolton under Lennon are a resilient bunch (plus they have a player called Clough). I'd be delighted with 6/7 points, the way we are playing. We need toughening up and some competition for midfield berths. For too long Hendrick and co have been automatic picks.

Not sure where you got that from anyway. Terrible team

If Bent plays it means that Blackburn's defence will need to drop deeper to prevent those balls getting behind them. To stop our midfield having too much space and time as a result of this they'll then bring their midfield back. So for me the key players will be Mascarell, Hughes and Hendrick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendrick get one from outside the box in this game.

Prediction 2:0

Take a bow sir.

Got to agree with you on this. Why do people need to have a scapegoat... even when we win? Walking out of the stadium I overheard some suggestions that Bennett should start ahead of Dawkins on Saturday. Based on 5 minutes! Not taking into account Dawkins has some 'off-the-field' issue that has prevented him from training and him being technically one of the best players in the squad.

I didn't think he did anything bad. His touch last night at times to kill a ball was excellent. I thought he looked quite lively second half prior to his substitution.

The guy behind me attacked him before the game had even started. 

Took him 7 minutes on Saturday and pre kick off last night. 

I think he has probably already started on the 11 facing Cardiff. 

I'm struggling to understand why Gestede and Rhodes didn't start?! I know they are both rumoured to leave but ffs, they are two best players in their team.

No wonder they are struggling even more than I am with my limited understanding.

I'm struggling to understand why Gestede and Rhodes didn't start?! I know they are both rumoured to leave but ffs, they are two best players in their team.

No wonder they are struggling even more than I am with my limited understanding.

They probably wanted to stiffle Derby rather than attack.

When we played them at Ewood we absolutely bossed their midfield and we just waltzed through time and time again. Their strikers were pretty much ineffective because they couldn't get a grip on the game.

I guess they changed tact and went to contain us and hope for a goal from a set piece or something.

You could say it nearly worked, as afterall we only scored through a set piece goal ourselves and one which 49/50 wouldn't happen.

But I can understand the frustrations from their fans. Too many times under NC we went away looking to contain teams rather than actually try and win. P!ssed me off so much that did.

Went to the game last night with my Blackburn-supporting mate.

He reckoned Gestede isn't being played because a deal is on the cards with a prem club (though he did get injured last night so wonder how that will affect things). Rhodes has been out of form so isn't getting the starts - even so he was pretty frustrated with the status quo for the reasons you mentioned. 

Most of what I'd like to say has already been said, but my two cents - thought both Omar and Keogh had absolutely cracking games, both making some crucial blocks. Grant also did a couple of fabulous saves too!

I'm also glad that the formation switch (and introduction of Bent) had such a positive impact - as our usual approach was proving frustrating. I guess the flipside is we looked more likely to concede once our formation changed, but the defence stood firm for the most part. Happy days!

That crosses it for Martin? Yeah, Bennett

Now I don't want to stir things up but you don't often see dawks, for all his talents do something like Bennett did there do you?

Archived