Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

Tuesday 27th January 2015.

Ipro Stadium

19:45 Kick Off

Game in hand... Do we play 433? 352? 532? 442? 235? 028? You decide...

All Rhodes lead to victory I hope.

Regards the Mafia

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Christie

Forsyth

Albentosa

Keogh

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Dawkins

Russell

Martin

Provided everyone is fit, that's my team.

I would drop Christie for Shotton otherwise yes pretty much agree.

Blackburn had Rhodes and Gestede on the bench yesterday until 60mins (Gestede) and 77mins (Rhodes) which is an ominous sign.

Would like to Shotton at RB, Christie has been caught out of position a few times lately and has made silly challenges in critical areas. I Think Shottin gives a but more cover yo the defence as he isn't much of an attacker at RB.

Concerned about Russell, when I heard Steve Macs comments post game about Johnny's tight hamstring during the week I thought it was stupid to risk him with a league game a few nights later.

Have a feeling we will play a diamond in the middle seeing as Ward and Dawkins aren't in form and with the likelyhood of Russell being unable to play.

Would also like to see Albentosa get another run out, thought he looked good yesterday and made up for Bucko's and Keogh's deficiencies. Can see him being a massive signing during the run in to the season.

I would drop Christie for Shotton otherwise yes pretty much agree.

Grant

Christie

Forsyth 

Albentosa

Keogh

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Dawkins

Russell

Martin

Provided everyone is fit, that's my team. 

Can't see Russell being available.Might be tempted to play 4-4-2 with Warnock in front of Forsyth at LM and Hughes in front of Christie at RM. Bent for Dawkins.

Want us to get back to moving the ball quickly on the floor. When we move it so slow that's how we end up having to go long. It seems to be either forward fast or sideways slow. What's wrong with sideways fast?

Not many teams are parking the bus now. No need to try and draw them out.

Faster doesn't mean more direct. Just faster please.

Blackburn had Rhodes and Gestede on the bench yesterday until 60mins (Gestede) and 77mins (Rhodes) which is an ominous sign.

Would like to Shotton at RB, Christie has been caught out of position a few times lately and has made silly challenges in critical areas. I Think Shottin gives a but more cover yo the defence as he isn't much of an attacker at RB.

Concerned about Russell, when I heard Steve Macs comments post game about Johnny's tight hamstring during the week I thought it was stupid to risk him with a league game a few nights later.

Have a feeling we will play a diamond in the middle seeing as Ward and Dawkins aren't in form and with the likelyhood of Russell being unable to play.

Would also like to see Albentosa get another run out, thought he looked good yesterday and made up for Bucko's and Keogh's deficiencies. Can see him being a massive signing during the run in to the season.

Agree, I think a diamond will be played. Ward and Dawkins didn't look match fit so I think going two up would be the best option.

Grant

Shotton Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes Hendrick

Dawkins

Martin Bent

Roos Albentosa Christie Bryson Ward Warnock Bennett

I like that

Don't usually like to see us change our reliable, settled system but we have a 100% fit winger shortage.

Stevie Mac is clearly keen to get Martin and Bent in the team togeher. Russell looks unlikely to be fit for the 18. We've won 5 out of 6 and kept 5 clean sheets in that time.

It's a massive game - win and we're level on points at the top. Lose and we're 5th in a 6-horse race.

Mac's team will be:

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Martin

Bent

Ward

playing a diamond with Martin in the hole and Ward and Bent just in front.

Bent tired on Saturday and will again. When he comes off we'll revert to the more normal 4-3-3.

Subs: Roos, Shotton, Albentosa, Warnock, Bryson, Dawkins, Calero

Mac tends to put his senior pros who aren't playing on the bench, and this makes the bench defence-heavy for this game.

Stevie Mac is clearly keen to get Martin and Bent in the team togeher. Russell looks unlikely to be fit for the 18. We've won 5 out of 6 and kept 5 clean sheets in that time.

It's a massive game - win and we're level on points at the top. Lose and we're 5th in a 6-horse race.

Mac's team will be:

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Martin

Bent

Ward

playing a diamond with Martin in the hole and Ward and Bent just in front.

Bent tired on Saturday and will again. When he comes off we'll revert to the more normal 4-3-3.

Subs: Roos, Shotton, Albentosa, Warnock, Bryson, Dawkins, Calero

Mac tends to put his senior pros who aren't playing on the bench, and this makes the bench defence-heavy for this game.

Like it.

We need to accomadate Bent in the side in his natural position he showed yesterday by his runs he will score goals, yes he should of had more by his own admissions but if we can get him and Martin on the same wave length it will be dangerous

Archived