Ivan Calero to Burton on loan?

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calero is getting to think that he might not get into the first team at all. Steve bringing winger(s) in in so Calero gets some games at Burton. A good arrangement but Calero is ambitious and may want to get away. He has not been given a chance when perhaps he could have had one.

Calero is getting to think that he might not get into the first team at all. Steve bringing winger(s) in in so Calero gets some games at Burton. A good arrangement but Calero is ambitious and may want to get away. He has not been given a chance when perhaps he could have had one.

He's 19 and in his first 6 months at the club... Where he was always brought in as a development squad member... Yes he's been on the edge of the first team for a while but I doubt he has expectations of first team football with us this season...

He's 19 and in his first 6 months at the club... Where he was always brought in as a development squad member... Yes he's been on the edge of the first team for a while but I doubt he has expectations of first team football with us this season...

The only thing I can think would irritate him about the current set up is Mason getting in ahead of him, aside from that I doubt he has any complaints

The only thing I can think would irritate him about the current set up is Mason getting in ahead of him, aside from that I doubt he has any complaints

Bennett has been around the first team squad for longer, has more exposure to british football and has played more competitive games than Calero... So age aside you'd expect that...

Bear in mind Hughes and Calero are pretty much the same age (days apart)... No-one would think Calero would get annoyed about Hughes being in the team...

Bennett has been around the first team squad for longer, has more exposure to british football and has played more competitive games than Calero... So age aside you'd expect that...

Bear in mind Hughes and Calero are pretty much the same age (days apart)... No-one would think Calero would get annoyed about Hughes being in the team...

Completely different position though, I could just see Calero getting frustrated that when we need a winger Mac turning to someone younger. Not saying mason doesnt deserve it or that calero is the better player, just something that might grind on him seeing as his first team chances have been very limited.

From Ivan's point of view, he thinks that he needs a fresh impetus. he could not get a game against Southport and Kwame and Alefe have in some senses been preferred to him as loan material. Steve told Ivan that he wanted him pushing for the first team by the end of this season, His mate Omar has had a lot of games. No good to Ivan being the star of the U21s and being in the squad but not getting any game time. Jimmy can improve his forward play surely. Ivan feels stuck, with Steve looking for another winger. The message is clear that he is not ready for the first team, so what can he do? Alefe was asking for a loan for months before he got one. Steve has too many promising players in the U21s and too big a squad to take any risks in not getting promoted so the U21s will have to go out on loan as a stopgap for now. At some point Steve will have to have a clear out if we get promoted.

That's what's worrying, there was a big push on to getting the under 21's in and progressing, they maybe doing well in the cup etc, but not progressing to first team level as to the need to bring in players on loan

When we step up to the prem, what's going to happen to these players who can't force there way in a team in the championship?

That's what's worrying, there was a big push on to getting the under 21's in and progressing, they maybe doing well in the cup etc, but not progressing to first team level as to the need to bring in players on loan

When we step up to the prem, what's going to happen to these players who can't force there way in a team in the championship?

They get better or they get sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived