Ivan Calero to Burton on loan?

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this will happen when we get a replacement for Ibe so we know we definitely won't need him. He's currently our 4th choice winger until further notice so we need to make sure we find someone ready for the first team before he goes.

Or maybe Jimmy has said to his mate Steve " Any chance your Ivan wants to come train with us a few days, with a possiable loan" then Steve thinks guarenteed game time in a competitive league week in week out

I personally think if he goes on loan it will help him get use to the toughness of the english game at first team level

Let him go and play a man's game. Never seen him play, but neither have many posting here. He clearly has quality based on my YouTube viewings, but can he do it on a freezing Tuesday night in Hartlepool. If he can, well he might be ready for us later in the season, and then a Wednesday night early next season at say White Hart Lane or The Emirates.

Yes. I've seen a combined 25 minutes of them.

Lol

So i presume that was the cup match where santos came on and was excellent and calero scored.

I think he has some good potential(Granted just going by limited amount I have seen him)and a move like this could really help him get some good work in.

Anyway,he is behind JR,Ward,and Dawks so his playing time here will be few and far between imo,at least as it currently stands and with possibility of getting another winger in(Even if not Atsu).

I think he has some good potential(Granted just going by limited amount I have seen him)and a move like this could really help him get some good work in.

Anyway,he is behind JR,Ward,and Dawks so his playing time here will be few and far between imo,at least as it currently stands and with possibility of getting another winger in(Even if not Atsu).

Not having a go at you ARam, but not really sure this lad is a "winger" or a wide player - seems to me he is most effective playing somewhere behind a striker, and definitely central. Where at the moment does he really fit into our fist team based on a 433 with wide players that most of this forum see as Plan A B and C. He is better off playing with men rather than kids for a good while, and then lets see.

Not having a go at you ARam, but not really sure this lad is a "winger" or a wide player - seems to me he is most effective playing somewhere behind a striker, and definitely central. Where at the moment does he really fit into our fist team based on a 433 with wide players that most of this forum see as Plan A B and C. He is better off playing with men rather than kids for a good while, and then lets see.

Ok,fair points pal.

There hasn't been a better time this season to push for a wide slot. Ibe gone, Dawkins hit and (mostly) miss, Ward injury rusty. Only Russell consistently performing well.

The timing is interesting, and suggests Steve doesn't think he is capable of pushing any of them, and isn't even good enough to feature against Chesterfield, and is therefore nowhere near the first team at present.

Unless either he doesn't see him as a winger? ( I always thought he was central attacking midfielder / second striker?) or maybe he's changing tactics slightly?

You can't ruin my optimism, that boy Calero is a wonder kid. If Burton play nice football, some competitive football in league two will do him good.

I'm all for him being the next big thing but something doesn't seem right.

Maybe he has the attitude of that he is a big time Charlie already and Steve wants to knock him back and make him realise that he needs to work for what he wants.

Could just simply be that he doesn't track back in training..

Unless either he doesn't see him as a winger? ( I always thought he was central attacking midfielder / second striker?) or maybe he's changing tactics slightly?

Fair point, though after Saturday's midfield disaster, the same point applies!

Seems to be a bit of split opinion as to where he plays, can anyone who watches the u21s regularly enlighten us?

what i don't get is how people think hes some sort of player ready for first team football at champ level every now and again

based on what?

15 mins vs charlton

& the u21 league

im sure mac knows his ability much better than anyone on here does

Fair point, though after Saturday's midfield disaster, the same point applies!

Seems to be a bit of split opinion as to where he plays, can anyone who watches the u21s regularly enlighten us?

I personally think we could do a lot worse than giving the lad a shot, the couple of times he's had chance to have an impact he's seemed decent enough to me.

And I think we could have done with his energy against the Gumps as Bryson's enthusiasm went away after the first 20 mins

what i don't get is how people think hes some sort of player ready for first team football at champ level every now and again

based on what?

15 mins vs charlton

& the u21 league

im sure mac knows his ability much better than anyone on here does

Nobody is doubting that, but why have him on the bench more weeks than not if he's not close?

Archived