How do you solve a problem like a Captaincy?

robglosta

It's a tricky one, isn't it? This isn't particularly aimed at Keogh, but more about the dilemma itself. A Captain is still a footballer, still prone to lapses in form or even misjudged leadership.

What do you do? Can you readily drop a Captain without disrupting team cohesion? Does strong leadership make some weight during a dip in form?

I'm sure it's not a ready made formula, either way.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly have to say that captain or not, Keogh needs a spell out of the side. He keeps making these errors. He's a great defender but he just seems to lose his head so often. Needs to calm down a bit. Their first goal yesterday was a result of purely panicking and kicking it straight into the path of the league's 3rd top scorer.

Honestly have to say that captain or not, Keogh needs a spell out of the side. He keeps making these errors. He's a great defender but he just seems to lose his head so often. Needs to calm down a bit. Their first goal yesterday was a result of purely panicking and kicking it straight into the path of the league's 3rd top scorer.

bit of contradiction in the same sentence there.

You know what would solve some problems?

Not attacking our captain and best defender whenever there's a result you don't like.

a) being captain doesn't exempt you from judgement and b) far from being our best defender.

Don't get it for any of them really. About 15/16 of them have pulled their weight at some point and they've covered each other's poor form when needed.

agreed... Where was all this criticism after arguably our best defensive performance of the season last weekend at Ipswich... Short memories or surprressed memories I Suppose

agreed... Where was all this criticism after arguably our best defensive performance of the season last weekend at Ipswich... Short memories or surprressed memories I Suppose

There was no criticism last week (other than Christie losing his concentration early on) as I remember everyone seemed to praise for a resolute performance.

In my opinion that is how things should be - praise for doing something good, criticism for doing things that you would not expect of a professional footballer

There was no criticism last week (other than Christie losing his concentration early on) as I remember everyone seemed to praise for a resolute performance.

In my opinion that is how things should be - praise for doing something good, criticism for doing things that you would not expect of a professional footballer

I 100% agree with that... But I just don't understand some of the criticism of Keogh all the time... 95% of the time he makes the right decision. But gets absolutely pulverised for the 5%.

I thought Bucko were poor on Saturday. But I don't dare mention that a lot as I get pulverised because of his apparent "legend" status on various social media...

Opinions eh! Who want them :)

Archived