That Chris Martin.....

Mostyn6

is an awesome championship striker. Totally outperformed Darryl Murphy today, but then again, Murphy is just a plodding striker in a hoofball side, whereas Martin, for all his faults is a technically gifted, intelligent team-player.

Derby would be barbecued sausage without him this season as there are no other strikers with his ability at this level.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think his touch was as good as usual.

Hughes played better each minute and I thought Forsyth was excellent.

But Martin? What can you say - he got the vital goal when for the rest of the afternoon he was kept quiet. And that's what won us the three points. 

Looking forward to competition at centre half, though. We survived by the seat of our pants today.

Anag, windy as sausage today re the point about his touch! Also Ipswich quite a physical lot. Think he did amazingly well to win so many free kicks.

Sure I accept that. But McGoldrick and Russell seemed okay. I think their physicality rushed him a bit. But he had the last laugh.

But Martin? What can you say - he got the vital goal when for the rest of the afternoon he was kept quiet. And that's what won us the three points. 

Looking forward to competition at centre half, though. We survived by the seat of our pants today.

Agree about Forsyth - thought he magnificent today from a defending standpoint. Some of his tackles were Eustace-esque.

He is on course to bag 30+ the rate he is going. Phenomenal. He will assume demi-god status should he get us back in the big time.

Not sure about Forsyth, his distribtion was shocking again...

Bloke in front of me shouted 'take him off and get Bent on' after 5 mins today. Yes Martin doesn't run the channels all day like Bent may well do. But it was nice to have that ('plan B') option on the bench if needed had we not broken the deadlock today.

Remind me. Who was who notched the winner today? Oh yeah......

Archived