That Chris Martin.....

Mostyn6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Martin is, although his legs aren't the fastest, his brain is, which makes up for it.

Which is how it should stay.

If he went on a crash diet and lost a couple of stone and suddenly became quicker over 5 yards would he be better??

I don't think so, as he probably has never played as a shoulder forward like Bent does, and he'd lose his strength. He'd be a square peg in a round hole. He is what he is. A brute of forward with superb appreciation of what is happening around him without looking.

I didn't think he had his best game today but he still scored with his one real chance, he still occupied two of the biggest, strongest centre halves in the division and he still broke up the Ipswich play by winning numerous free kicks. For someone to have that much of an impact when he wasn't on top of his game (IMO) shows how key he is to us and how great a player he is.

I love the man.

In the 10 years that I've been a supporter, Martin's easily my favourite player. I can't believe he's already on 18 goals this season and we're only half way. To get that sort of return 2 seasons in a row, with a 100% fitness record must put him at at least 10 mil.

Archived